HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kyle450rider

for those that are waiting for there snapon tools

40 posts in this topic

I purchased my bike in october and just got the offer letter saturday in the mail.You have to log in to there website and submit it .I got the impact wrench.I don't know if i would trust a digital torque wrench.

Where do you ride in El Salvador? I flew down to San Salvador yesterday, and despite the heat, it seemed like an awesome place to ride. Do they have any organized racing down there?

Do you trust your vehicle's Temp Guage? Why wouldn't you trust a digital tool from a trusted company?

I was wondering the same thing...

I purchased my bike in october and just got the offer letter saturday in the mail.You have to log in to there website and submit it .I got the impact wrench.I don't know if i would trust a digital torque wrench.

Could you post the website? I got zero info from the dealer I bought my bike from.

Thanks..................

My dealer took care of signing me up for the torque wrench. :lol:

It took about 8 weeks for it to arrive.

Your Dealer should do all of the ground work for you, if they haven't, call them and ask them about it, then give yamaha a call and let them know as well.

Where do you ride in El Salvador? I flew down to San Salvador yesterday, and despite the heat, it seemed like an awesome place to ride. Do they have any organized racing down there?
Kyle is in Kansas, actually.

As a professional mechanic for well over 30 years, let me just say that if you can't trust a Snap-On torque wrench, you can't trust anything, including the test equipment used to calibrate torque wrenches.

I'm not there dude i just put that down as a goof!Sorry for misleading you.When i bought my bike they said nothing about the snapon offer.I heard about it much later.I sent them an email and got something from yamaha about 2 weeks later.Here is the link to the page where you submit the info.

https://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/feedback/06_SnapOnClaim.aspx

I'm sure the digital wrench is the bomb,but i still like the click i get from my craftsmen.

I had the same problem. I bought an '07 YZ450F and my dealer knew nothing about the Snap On program. He strung me along for a month after several phone calls and I finally called someone at Yamaha Corp HQ and they were very helpful. They called the dealer for me and explained how the program works. Apparently, all dealers do not participate in the program which is why some of them don't have a clue. In any case, my salesman filled out the appropriate forms and my digital torque wrench should be on its way to me in 6 - 8 weeks....

Bought mine in November, got my wrench a month ago. No web site BS involved, just came to my house.:lol:

I'm not there dude i just put that down as a goof!Sorry for misleading you.When i bought my bike they said nothing about the snapon offer.I heard about it much later.I sent them an email and got something from yamaha about 2 weeks later.Here is the link to the page where you submit the info.

https://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/feedback/06_SnapOnClaim.aspx

I'm sure the digital wrench is the bomb,but i still like the click i get from my craftsmen.

Bought mine in November, got my wrench a month ago. No web site BS involved, just came to my house.:lol:

Yah,i don't think that my dealer participated in the program.I'm just happy that i'm getting the tool.I didn't feel to bad about not getting it considering what i paid for my bike,but it's always nice to get something free.

Just curious, those who chose the torque wrench and already received it, how do you like it? I thought of the impact but have never needed a cordless impact on my bikes whereas I'm always needing to torque things.

Unless you are an engine builder, a typical beam type torque wrench is more than adequate for the basic nuts and bolts you'll most likely be working with.

I'm curious if the cordless impact is a 12v or ?? These work great for so many things....like lowering and raising the scissor jacks on most toy haulers.....home projects....etc...

I got the torque wrench and love it! I used to routinely break bolts and nuts from twisting them too tight.........After having lifted weights for 20 years, I have to be VERY careful even opening doors.

LOL that is the funniest thing I have read on here yet. BTW Do not come to my house I like my doors the way they are.:lol::confused:

Yah,i don't think that my dealer participated in the program.I'm just happy that i'm getting the tool.I didn't feel to bad about not getting it considering what i paid for my bike,but it's always nice to get something free.

Contact Yamaha , it was a factory thing, not a dealer thing.

OOPS! I re read your post.