Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kelleyseiler

Pics of my Finished SM Mod to my XR650L

16 posts in this topic

Where did you get that rotor?! I didn't think they were available.

He's probably not running the STOCK Hubs. Motostrano sells you a XRR wheel 'cause the XR650R front wheel will work on the L and Rotors are plentiful for the XRR. MAP Engineering are the only ones selling a XR650L front rotor and it's $365.

I have a Mysterious EBC rotor on my bike. I needed replacement parts and none are available (buttons/wave washers). I bought some Buttons off of someone on here that didn't work but I got the wave washers to sorta work.

BTW that's a clean looking L! Mine looked like that once, then I went black.

He's probably not running the STOCK Hubs. Motostrano sells you a XRR wheel 'cause the XR650R front wheel will work on the L and Rotors are plentiful for the XRR. MAP Engineering are the only ones selling a XR650L front rotor and it's $365.

I have a Mysterious EBC rotor on my bike. I needed replacement parts and none are available (buttons/wave washers). I bought some Buttons off of someone on here that didn't work but I got the wave washers to sorta work.

BTW that's a clean looking L! Mine looked like that once, then I went black.

dukeryder,

Stupid-question-of-the-day: How do you change out those buttons and wave washers? I got an extra set of red-anodized buttons when I bought my EBC 320 and want to swap out the silver buttons that were originally installed. Any tricks to doing this, without sacrificing 3 or 4 fingernails and a few ounces of skin?

Thanks.

kelleyseiler,

Super-sweet ride. Awesome. That bike will definitely be turning heads.

Please give us an installer-user report on the Vapor, when you get it on the bike.

Ride safe.

dukeryder,

Stupid-question-of-the-day: How do you change out those buttons and wave washers? I got an extra set of red-anodized buttons when I bought my EBC 320 and want to swap out the silver buttons that were originally installed. Any tricks to doing this, without sacrificing 3 or 4 fingernails and a few ounces of skin?

Thanks.

Push down and turn on the curved washer is what the instructions say.

Great job!!!! :lol: just curious, after all the upgrades why did you keep the smog pump???

Great job!!!! :lol: just curious, after all the upgrades why did you keep the smog pump???

It will come off soon. Just wasnt a big concern.

dukeryder,

Thanks.

My buttons were held on with little Circlips (Crescent shapped with raised sides that sort of Snap on to the button). I justed pryed them out GENTLY with a small slotted screw driver and then squeezed 'em back on with some pliers (again GENTLY).

I wish I could find the appropriate sized Wave washers but they aren't available :lol: I went through Grainger but they were either too big or just a hair too small and Fastenal didn't even have anysizes close.