HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
perry5150

bigger sprocket XR650L?

3 posts in this topic

:lol: do they make a bigger front sprocket for the XR650L (06')? Who and whats the advantages on that? I run a 15 tooth front and 45 tooth in the rear (stock). I want more speed off the line. Any suggestions?

Easy. Drop the front to a 14t! Or keep the 15 and go with a 47,48,50 in the back. Or do both!! 14 -48 is great for dual sport. 48 on the back and switching back and forth with the 14-15 for street off road is a easy and nice set up!

Are there 47 tooth sprockets available?

Does anyone know the Honda part number for a 14 tooth CS sprocket for the L?

Does anyone know the Honda part number for a 15 tooth CS sprocket for the L?

Service Honda's website confuses me. I need to know the PN before I can get pricing.

If I was to go with 14/47 for off road use and keep a 15 tooth sprocket handy for street/travel would that be the same as 14/45? Or is 14/45 best for all around?

Also how many links required for 15/47?

:lol:

Who's doing this and how's it working out for you?

Looking to replace chain and sprockets soon (7,400 miles - still look good but want to gear down slightly for off road, but still commute)

:confused:

Ps: I have read through http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455635

That's why I'm asking.