What do you guys think about using Liquid Ice

Ya...I run it in my 05WR...straight out of the bottle.....

No disadvantages at all......my bike can idle forever and not overheat I also race desert with technical sections and have never overheated:applause:

This product with good jetting will make your bike very happy....

It does help but it will boil out as steam! Then you have a problem because all you can add is engine ice or drain and refill the whole system if you add water. The bike runs cooler with engine ice, but if your not moving it boils way faster than regular anti freeze. Check out the Dirt Rider magazines coolant tests they did last year.

It's just a product with a higher boiling temp, so your engine temp is running just as hot if not hotter but you don't know it because the liquid is not boiling or steaming.

I'd rather know when my bike is running hot instead of using a product thats masks the problem.

Just my opinion.

Check the bottle for recomended mixing instructions. I use about 12% ice and the rest water. As far as cooling goes, water is the best coolent. The ice, mixed with water lubricates the system and offers a higher boiling point than antifreeze. You don't want to use just the cooling product in your system. For winter I go back to a mixture of water and antifreeze (50/50) so she won't freeze up.

I seem to overheat just about every time i get into really tight stuff (where you almost have to come to a stop to get your bars between the trees) So far the best solution seems to be almost straight water with a little bit of "water wetter" and just enough antifreeze for freeze protection (around ten per cent but check with a hydrometer for your local temps). I might go to a KTM fan, i've heard of a few people installing them with excellent results.

I seem to overheat just about every time i get into really tight stuff (where you almost have to come to a stop to get your bars between the trees) So far the best solution seems to be almost straight water with a little bit of "water wetter" and just enough antifreeze for freeze protection (around ten per cent but check with a hydrometer for your local temps). I might go to a KTM fan, i've heard of a few people installing them with excellent results.

Interested to know what you mean by "overheat" old man dan.

I don't run an overflow tank and I smell coolant when things get hot. This is a natural result of the radiator fluid expanding with heat and the cap letting out excess pressure. But so far the motor hasn't "boiled". You obviously know that water is the best coolant and the WW breaks down the surface tension to make it even more efficient but I don't think I would run any less than 1/3 antifreeze for it's corrosion and lubricating properties. A fan seems like the way to go and I'll be doing the same at some stage.?

When I say overheat I mean it boils enough out coolant to fill the overflow bottle. I let it cool and transfer the coolant back with a pop bottle or whatever is handy. These bikes need airflow for the rads to able to do their job and when I say tight woods I mean no place to get moving more than a few MPH and even then only for a few feet at a time. I think the fan is the way to go, probably with a temp switch to activate it.

I let it cool and transfer the coolant back with a pop bottle or whatever is handy

&%$#@!! Why would you be doing something like this:excuseme: The natural process of the engine cooling down causes the coolant to contract creating a vacuum like effect pulling the coolant back into the radiator. If this not happening on your bike, then you have an air leak somewhere in the coolant circuit.

&%$#@!! Why would you be doing something like this:excuseme: The natural process of the coolant cooling down causes it to contract creating a vacuum like effect and pulling the coolant back into the radiator. If this not happening on your bike, then you have an air leak somewhere in the coolant circuit.

ditto