HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vital

Fly Wheel Question

4 posts in this topic

I have an '06 YFZ450 "quad" that is a drag quad. I am interested in putting a stock YZ450F fly wheel on to lighten it up so it will spool up really fast. What is the weight of the stock one? If I change them would it be like going with a -11oz flywheel on my quad?

I do not know what a stock YZ450F flywheel wieghts?

If I change them would it be like going with a -11oz flywheel on my quad?

When you say "it will be like going with a 11oz flywheel" I think you are not understanding how they size flywheels

When you buy a 11oz flywheel from a company. You are buying a flywheel that wieghts 11oz more than stock. No matter what the stock one wieghts.

I believe that you are looking for your quad to rev faster, so you are looking for a lighter flywheel not a an 11oz flywheel?

I think you are going to find out that you can't fit a YZ450 flywheel to the quad engine, no matter what. The cranks, ignition systems, ignition covers, and crankcases are different between the YZF and the WRF, and the quad engine is similar to and shares several parts with the WRF.

Besides, with the heavier weight of the quad chassis, you're probably better off having a heavier flywheel anyway.

Thanks guys and you are correct, I was thinking about the WRF I guess.

When you say "it will be like going with a 11oz flywheel" I think you are not understanding how they size flywheels

When you buy a 11oz flywheel from a company. You are buying a flywheel that wieghts 11oz more than stock. No matter what the stock one wieghts.

I believe that you are looking for your quad to rev faster, so you are looking for a lighter flywheel not a an 11oz flywheel?

I know the dirt bike flywheel is much lighter than the one in the quad. So changing my stock one with the WRF would be like adding a -11oz "minus" so it would rav much faster. Trailtech sales a -6oz for my quad but I want one much lighter, that's how I started thinking about the dirt bike fly wheel , afterall that's where my engine came from. Thanks guys.