Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twenty34

Tried New Pads...Should I try a new Rotor?

8 posts in this topic

So I was looking for better stopping power on the front and have tried sintered pads, but they really didn't seem to help that much or as much as I had hoped.

I was considering going to a larger front rotor. Do you think this will help much and do you have any recomendations? I was looking at the GYTR and EBC :lol:

06 YZ450

Oversizing alone will help. EBC rotors are made from carbon steel rather than stainless, and this fact will also increase stopping power, although you may find that the rotor wears a little faster, and you'll have to keep after the rust.

A larger rotor is the way to go. I have an oversized EBC on my 06 450 and it works great. Very strong braking. The EBC is a 280mm disk and the GTYR is 270mm. I would like to try the GTYR since the EBC is almost too strong for me. I don't think you will be disappointed with either one.

The GYTR is not a floater while the EBC is. I would choose the EBC because of its resistance to bending in a crash.

The GYTR is not a floater while the EBC is. I would choose the EBC because of its resistance to bending in a crash.

So there are a few different EBC rotors available. Are the Countour SX rotors larger than a stock YZ rotor? It doesn't say on their site, only that it's carbon material.