What does a WR motor rev to?

Hey All

I just bought a Vapor trail computer for my WR and I need to set the upper rpm warning light. Does anyone know what a free modded WR revs to? I dont even know if it has a rev limiter and what its set at......

One more Vapor related question - what should I set the PPR to? The manual says it should be 1 for four stroke and 1 for a two stroke......that dont sound right!

Cheers

That's one of the reasons I bought a Vapor, to get a tach, I like knowing what rpm's my bike is at, but yeah they do limit themselves using the cdi, but it's still nice to get a warning just before.......

How in the world do you have time to watch your tach while your racin???

11K RPM redline...All the WR's come with rev limiters im pritty sure...

MY FRIEND JSUT GOT THE 07 WR450. AND IT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS A GOVENOR ON THE THROTTLE. IS THAT POSSIBLE? IT DOESNT TURN NEAR AS FAR AS HIS OTHER BIKE (OLD KX), OR MY HONDA.

Hey All

I just bought a Vapor trail computer for my WR and I need to set the upper rpm warning light. Does anyone know what a free modded WR revs to? I dont even know if it has a rev limiter and what its set at......

One more Vapor related question - what should I set the PPR to? The manual says it should be 1 for four stroke and 1 for a two stroke......that dont sound right!

Cheers

Is PPR suppose to be set to 1.0? I'm wondering too if that is a misprint in the book.

Sun, WR's come with a throttle stop that cuts throttle movement to about 1/2 that of a yz. Most cut that stop down first thing.

MY FRIEND JSUT GOT THE 07 WR450. AND IT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS A GOVENOR ON THE THROTTLE. IS THAT POSSIBLE? IT DOESNT TURN NEAR AS FAR AS HIS OTHER BIKE (OLD KX), OR MY HONDA.

My wr450 f 04 came with a small packet containg carb jets and a shorter throtle stop screw with alan key head, remove the long stop screw and replace it with shorter one or cut it down. My bike was a Spanish import

whitch i was not told at the time of purchase, all bikes 250 and over are restricted for the Spanish market. I had to carry out the mods my self

whitch included rejetting as the bike was so weak it would not tick over

and ran very uneven. I did not purchase the bike from a off road dealer

and will ask more questions before a future buy. Andy - j

Hey All

Cheers

FYI, Yamaha OEM CDI on 03-06 WRs are programmed for 10800 RPM limit.

The only way to increase it is to change the CDI for something like a Vortex. Race teams use these CDIs which have a default limit of 11700RPM.

Looking at the power and torque curves on various dyno graphs for dirt bikes show most high performance singles (450s) produce maximum power somewhere between 8000-9500, WR included.

?

FYI, Yamaha OEM CDI on 03-06 WRs are programmed for 10800 RPM limit.

The only way to increase it is to change the CDI for something like a Vortex. Race teams use these CDIs which have a default limit of 11700RPM.

Looking at the power and torque curves on various dyno graphs for dirt bikes show most high performance singles (450s) produce maximum power somewhere between 8000-9500, WR included.

?

How right you are! I nailed mine to the rev limiter and the Vapor showed a maximum rpm of 10,840. Good to know.

And if anyone ever wondered, it showed a maximum speed of 89.4 mph with stock gearing at this rpm.

Sorted!:confused: