gonna jump on the rekluse bandwagon

I just purchased a rekluse setup with perch adjuster from a fellow TT member. I am sure to have a butt load of questions and I know you guys will help.

It's not here yet, but when it gets here I will be burning up the keyboard. Hope I made a good choice. One thing good is that if I don't like it I can always go back to a normal clutch. Thanks in advance for all the advice that you are going to give me.?

Is it normal for the steel plates to "blue" even with a properly adjusted Rekluse? Hopefully it is just the principal of operation of this thing that causes it. Or, do I have a problem?

If its blue, its getting too hot. Too much slipping probably caused by too big of an installed gap or possibly running the machine in too tall of a gear.

Whats your installed gap? Which spring do you use? Do you use a perch adjuster?

Do yourself a favor and call rekluse and buy a new hardware set. You don't want to get halfway through the install and find out your short a few off those little allen head screws or the shim washers. Not to mention those allen head screws strip out the drive hole super easy, very handy to have extras.

Now might be a good time to put in new clutch plates and disks while it's apart, since it is not as easy to replace the clutch after the rekluse is installed.

Do any of you guys ride MX and off road and really like it or is it mainly good for off-road?

I ride mostly MX and some off road. I like it best for off road, but it definately helps with MX as well. The main advantages I've seen for MX is I don't get tired nearly as quick which really helps at the end of the moto and the bike hooks up so well. The rekluse feathers the clutch perfectly coming out of corners so you really minimize wheelspin. Oh yea, it's also nice not ever stalling in the middle of a race.

And here is my first question. I am installing the rekluse on an 06 yz450f. I didn't get it new, but it looks just as good as new. I am having a problem setting up the external adjuster onto the clutch cam lever. I also have the external perch adjuster. The rekluse website says that I need a special clutch cable for an 06'. Also, how does the clutch cable attach to the motor and external adjuster if there is a bolt going through where it used to be. I read the directions 1000 times and it doesn't say. Thanks, pics would help if possible.

OK, call me an idiot. I just called Rekluse and the guy actually gave me a chuckle. That's when the answer hit me. It is either one or the other, not both. thanks for not laughing to loud. now all I have to do is get this cable.

Lol...I was just getting ready to say that. Not the idiot part, the' one or the other' part.

OK, call me an idiot. I just called Rekluse and the guy actually gave me a chuckle. That's when the answer hit me. It is either one or the other, not both. thanks for not laughing to loud. now all I have to do is get this cable.

I have the special Motion Pro cable for an 06. I tried the perch adjuster and didnt like it, so I have the whole set up. If you havnt ordered one, shoot me a pm if you are interested. I will made you a fair deal.