"L" Clark 4.7 & Daves Mods: Expected Fuel Range ?

For those with this combo, can you tell me my expected fuel range ?

Thanks

Figure about 35mpg, 35 x 4.7 = 164.5 (to empty)

On a trail/trials event in hilly deposit NY I went to reserve on the stock tank in less than 30 miles, so what you're doing will affect mileage greatly, as will gearing.

Dave

Dave,

Im doing the mods now. Heres my question. I current have the DJ installed but Im switching over. Should I leave the DJ spring in or go back to stock. I remember you giving an opinion on this somewhere, but I cant find it to save my life.

Frank

hey buddy I got daves mods and a clarke 4.7 and gettin just over 200 miles before reserve kicks in :lol: Im gettin I think about or close to 50mpg

Originally posted by pigryder Im gettin I think about or close to 50mpg

I get about 50mpg on my bike also on the street with 15-45 gearing. Off road I don't really keep up with it. I run 14-45 off road. The loops I ride are not long enough to worry but I just installed a black Clarke 4.7 on my bike also so I hope it really won't be a problem now.:lol:

Dave,

Im doing the mods now. Heres my question. I current have the DJ installed but Im switching over. Should I leave the DJ spring in or go back to stock. I remember you giving an opinion on this somewhere, but I cant find it to save my life.

Frank

I still have the DJ spring in, seems to work fine, but I have no idea if its better or worse.

It might make it a little richer part-throttle.

Dave

I have "Dave's Mods" to the Carb and a Big Gun Exhaust and K&N Filter on my L and the 4.7 Clarke.

Mileage is all about how you ride. If I'm commuting to work I get around 140 miles before I hit reserve, If it's putting on the back roads I've seen 200miles before Reserve. Off-Road like at the Ocala N/F I'm getting even less fuel mileage.

Thanks fellas, she'll be on the TAT West and I'll need to carry extra fuel it appears.

Dave, thanks for the spring info.