HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CRF150Joe

my new yz400F

6 posts in this topic

Ok guys so i was on ebay and there was this 400F not in that bad of shape but his reserve was 360 and i offered him 400 and he took it so i got it today and its not that bad but it doesnt run. I was told it has a new top end but it doesnt have enough compression to start it like i can use my hand to push the kickstarter down. I have no idea what it can be. This is a project bike so its about to be torn down and fixed up and i want to get the motor working first so does anyone have any ideas or places to start?

Maybe the compression release is sticking? Or the valves are way out of adjustment and don't close? That's what I would start with.

1 person likes this

well i opened her up and i did the basic reoiling everything and the little tricks i got a little more compression but not enough so start it for sure. So my guess is that piston rings or the valves by looking at it.