Anyone tried the new Dunlop 745 ?

The 952 rear wears at least 3 times as well as a 756, better than that compared to the OEM tires.

Whats this tire look like I can not find a pic even on the Dunlop website?

I didn't see it there, either. Here's a look at the new 742FA. The 745 looks similar, but slightly wider and rounder with a little denser tread, like comparing a Bridgestone 401 to a 601.

Wow...according to Dunlop's description the 742FA is good for medium-hard to medium-soft terrain, as well as hardpack, muddy conditions, and sand washes. Apparently they have created the world's first do-it-all tire. I become leery when reading those type of claims.

Wow...according to Dunlop's description the 742FA is good for medium-hard to medium-soft terrain, as well as hardpack, muddy conditions, and sand washes. Apparently they have created the world's first do-it-all tire. I become leery when reading those type of claims.

Given my experience with their newer 952's I feel pretty certain that they can at least get much closer to that then they once could. The 952 rear is very effective in an impressively wide range of soils/surfaces.

756 is supposed to be int/soft and 745 is supposed to be int/hard. 745 is between 739 int/hard and 756. DrD was running the 745 front when he raced Racetown during one of the Vet-X events this past summer. Racetown ranges from soft/sandy to dry hard pack. The 739 works good there in the summer and 756 winter.

Given my experience with their newer 952's I feel pretty certain that they can at least get much closer to that then they once could. The 952 rear is very effective in an impressively wide range of soils/surfaces.

I'll second this....the only place I've managed to damage it is on a severely rocky section up at 10,000 feet (steep climb, pretty much mid throttle 2nd and 3rd gear on a YZ450). Only there does the Maxxis IT on my XR650 show more durability.....

Why is everybody so down on the 739's? :lol: Its the only tire that sticks on blue groove. I'll admit that the 739 is not a great choice for all around use, but for slick tracks, the 739 is hard to beat.

Um, cause we don't all ride blue grove tracks?????

I'm with you...I hear so much negative on these tires, but if I had to guess, most just throw them out based on what they've read here and have spent ZERO time on them to form their own opinion.

I ride hard pack and intermediate and to be honest, the 739 front hooks up quite well indeed. In fact, I was just thinking about this the other day - how well it hooks up for me. I just don't get it.:lol:

I have had them on two bike and the suck for the conditions I ride in. With my 426 in soil that was even remotely sanding, I could turn OR I could get on the gas but not do both at once. Switch to 756s and it was like a different bike

756 is supposed to be int/soft and 745 is supposed to be int/hard. 745 is between 739 int/hard and 756. DrD was running the 745 front when he raced Racetown during one of the Vet-X events this past summer. Racetown ranges from soft/sandy to dry hard pack. The 739 works good there in the summer and 756 winter.

Guess that's why I couldn't corner to save my life at Racetown last weekend. I had the stock 739, and it must have been winter. I know this because the temps were 15 to 30 degrees. (vs. summer temps of 100 - 115 degrees!!):lol: