Heavy Steering

How can i make my 04 turn easyer.

Ive added a storm linkage. is there anything else

How can i make my 04 turn easyer.

Ive added a storm linkage. is there anything else

what is your sag set at with the Stormlink?

its set at 105mm

What about the front tire?

Raise the fork tubes in the clamps. The first line under the cap is 5 mm, the second is 10 mm.

Raise the fork tubes in the clamps. The first line under the cap is 5 mm, the second is 10 mm.

yes this will help also - I believe mine is set at between 7mm-10mm

Front tire definitely makes a difference (michelin Starcross on mine) as does sag and rebound/compression settings..try slowing down the shock and fork rebound a couple for clicks - 2 X H or speeding it up depending where it is set at now

103 - 105mm sag is the range

If you simply want to raise the fork tubes a couple mm or so, does it just require you to loosen the pinch bolts on the triple clamp, slide the tubes up the appropiate amount, and then retighten them??

I would assume that's it, but before I move mine, is there anything else required to do?? I don't want to have binding or anything.

Thanx

That's pretty much all there is to it, yes.

Thanks gray...just wanted to make sure.

I run the Stormlink also, and it definately helps 03' and 04' models. I've never moved my tubes from the stock 5mm setting, but I just might have to experiment. I'll try going to 7mm, and see what happens.

front tire is a dunlop 756 and the forks are 10mm above the clamps.

would the applied clamps make much difference

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that running BOTH the Stormlink, and different offset clamps, can be a nightmare to dial in. Seems to be you have to run one or the other, but not both.....maybe other's will confirm this.

I used to run the 756 up front, and I recently switched to a Pirelli Scorpion Pro (might be called a m-83 also?), anyway, the Pirelli Scorpion Pro does give me sharper turning compared to the 756.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that running BOTH the Stormlink, and different offset clamps, can be a nightmare to dial in. Seems to be you have to run one or the other, but not both.....maybe other's will confirm this.

confirmed - don't do it unless the offset of the triple clamps are stock....Applied does have clamps with a offset similar to what Reed was using then that will assist in turning...remember he also had a non stock link from yamaha - totally diiferent than a Storm Link:thumbsup:

The Storm link simply changes the rear ride height, and thereby the head angle by tilting the entire bike. Reed more than likely had a rear linkage designed to alter the rising rate of the shock, as do many other pros.