Problems with 426.

There is 2 problems that I noticed with my 426. While reving it, it soudns like its making a sucking sound of some sort..not sure how to explain that one. And if I am in first gear or so, give it gas and slow down, or just at random times, there is a clanking noise..something that i think is from the engine..i thought it wast he skid plate rattling, but I don't think its that. And help is appreated. Thanks.

The rattling could be a loose chain, but Im not sure what the vacuum sound is.

If your chain is a little loose it could be slapping on the chain guard on the top of your swing arm. On my 426 if I was going slow and twisted the throttle it would almost soind like a heavy slapping noise. It could be that this guard may be loose and the chain may be hitting it against the swing arm. Just a thought.

Be sure the hot start is not leaking .... I had to seal mine.

Do you have an aftermarket skidplate on the bike? If so, they can reflect much of the sound of the chain back up to the rider, especially with a low rpm roll-on. I drilled holes in my skid plate and it eliminated the reflective noise. As far as the sucking sound is concerned I don't really have any ideas on that...:lol:

Do you have an aftermarket skidplate on the bike? If so, they can reflect much of the sound of the chain back up to the rider, especially with a low rpm roll-on. I drilled holes in my skid plate and it eliminated the reflective noise. As far as the sucking sound is concerned I don't really have any ideas on that...:lol:

Yes I do have an aftermarket skidplate.

There is 2 problems that I noticed with my 426. While reving it, it soudns like its making a sucking sound of some sort..not sure how to explain that one. And if I am in first gear or so, give it gas and slow down, or just at random times, there is a clanking noise..something that i think is from the engine..i thought it wast he skid plate rattling, but I don't think its that. And help is appreated. Thanks.

The sucking noise might just be intake honk, our old trail 90's and my dad's xl200 had it really bad, so far I ahven't noticed any on my 426. Clanking is just chain slapping, it doesnt always mean your chain is too loose but that your lugging it

A nice new regina orn6 and sprockets got rid of any chain noise on my bike..