HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaredc28

Slow blinkers when cold...???

13 posts in this topic

I know this is kind of a small issue (unless you're in heavy traffic), but when my bike is cold the blinkers take forever to start blinking (especially the right side). Is this common, any quick fixes, adivce?

Thnx...

It means you have a Mechanical Solynoid(sp?) for the blinker and it takes longer to heat up to send the message to blink, my dad's does the same thing. on my bike its electrical which has a circuit board to keep it steady and not temperature dependent. I'd sugjest getting a electrical solynoid.

Here is one on ebay. I am going to get one also because sometimes when its cold it takes 5 seconds from the time I push the turn signal switch until the time the light starts flashing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-PIN-ELECTRONIC-LED-FLASHER-BLINKER-FIX-1157-3157-7443_W0QQitemZ250070729706QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Do I need one or two? I haven't looked yet.

One flasher controls both sides, so just one.

Dave

I went to Checker Auto and the one they had that looked like mine did not work. I am ordering the one from ebay.