HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dp2boy

Tall setup

13 posts in this topic

I'm 6'5" and ride an '06 YZ450F and need more room. i'm going to install the SDG seat (if they ever ship them) and thinking about the Fastway pegs (although I didn't love 'em on my old KX, the screws ate my boots up) but was wondering which ProTaper bar offered the widest highest bend, any ideas. Also any other tall guys finding ways to get more room on the bike ?

I put washers under the bar mounts to raise that bars up a little bit. Made quite a difference. A little bit goes a long way. However I am not as tall as you, I'm only 6'1".

I'm 6'3" 230 lbs and I use: a tall seat (I just bought the foam and seat cover from FX this time...much nicer), pro taper cr high bars (I might like taller, but never tried), fastway pegs, and most importantly Pro-Action suspension....

I just put on the KX High Bars(Second tallest only to Pastrana FMX) and +10mm MXBonz Bar Clamps, I'll let you know how it goes. BTW, I'm 6'5" about 240lbs

Sounds like the KX bars may be the way to go. I've heard the Pastrana bars are almost too high. Does anyone else make a footpeg that lowers besides Fastway ?

I just put on 50mm moose risers with moose fat bars(looks like the bars are close to the same bend as factory bars) and am quit happy with how it feels.

I have a 01 yzf426(6'3 225lbs) riding while standing is way more comfortable.

I recently changed out my bars to the Pro Taper KX high, along with the 3/4" rise big bar adapter from Tusk (Rocky Mtn) and I am so much happier with my '01 426! :confused: I also have the SDG tall seat which is great when I start to get tired. I am 6'5" 250lb.

I was debating the under the bar mount Scotts and GPR stabilizers also, as those also raise up the bars quite a bit, but I am holding out for an '08 YZ450 as my Christmas gift to myself next year. :lol:

Sounds like the KX bars may be the way to go. I've heard the Pastrana bars are almost too high. Does anyone else make a footpeg that lowers besides Fastway ?

I tried the pastrana bars and they were too narrow. KX high is the way to go.

I'm 6'4" 210lbs.

I've got the guts tall foam and cover, did the peg lowering mod and just rolled my stock bars forward a half inch or so. Feels good to me. :lol:

I've also got my cr high bars rolled forward to 2. I didn't like my fastway pegs in the low pos. There are already lower than stock. They just felt funny that low, maybe because I'm not used to them that low???

As well as taller bar position, you also need the bars more forward. the taller you go, at the angle of the clamp, the bars come slightly closer to you. think about it. check out universal's bizilion way adjustable top clamp. get the +10 bar mount. what I like about mine is I can go back and forth with many different positions untill i find the sweet spot.

Standind up on high speed corners my toes would catch with lower pegs.

Make sure you have the right spring rates also....this will raise your "on track ride height" if you are undersprung. This is crucial, and will make a huge difference!

As well as taller bar position, you also need the bars more forward. the taller you go, at the angle of the clamp, the bars come slightly closer to you. think about it. check out universal's bizilion way adjustable top clamp. get the +10 bar mount. what I like about mine is I can go back and forth with many different positions untill i find the sweet spot.

Standind up on high speed corners my toes would catch with lower pegs.

Make sure you have the right spring rates also....this will raise your "on track ride height" if you are undersprung. This is crucial, and will make a huge difference!

STANDING

I have the Pastrana FMX bend on my 2006 YZ450. I'm 6'3" and 220 pounds wet. I wasn't too hot on the bars at first, but they definitely grew on me. I like to stand a lot, and it seems like I'm not as hunched over with the Pastrana bend. I would reccommend them. It sounds like the KX or Pastrana bend is the way to go for you. Choose carefully.