HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dangermouse007

Info: WR450 07 Reg Plate hanger

23 posts in this topic

Ok guys.. how are you hanging your number plates:-

I have seen this on the Yammy Oz site:-

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/motor/index.htm?motor.asp... check on the WR450 icon look like Yammy mark a hanger

anybody got a part number etc etc etc...

I assume you are referring to the license plate bracket for the 07. I've been looking for one myself and have run into dead ends so far. I'm considering making my own. Is it possible to order from Yamaha Australia if you don't live there????

contact one of the aussie members and get them to post it over to you.

Here what I did using a bit of old heater hose from a car....

40o5iqs.jpg

Ok guys.. how are you hanging your number plates:-

I have seen this on the Yammy Oz site:-

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/motor/index.htm?motor.asp... check on the WR450 icon look like Yammy mark a hanger

anybody got a part number etc etc etc...

That rear flap/plate holder looks nice. Does it have integrated turn signals? Put me on the list of people who want better pictures and a part #. Hope it's available here in the US. I'd like to see better pictures of the whole bike to see if aything else would workout on US bikes.

That rear flap/plate holder looks nice. Does it have integrated turn signals? Put me on the list of people who want better pictures and a part #. Hope it's available here in the US. I'd like to see better pictures of the whole bike to see if aything else would workout on US bikes.

A plate holder with integrated turn signals would be ideal. Exactly what I'm looking for.

40o5iqs.jpg

That is very creative. I may do something like you did if I can find a manufactured solution. Thanks.

A plate holder with integrated turn signals would be ideal. Exactly what I'm looking for.

I have an Acceribis one. It is built for a flat MX style fender. It looks ok, but the brake light is oval and so are the turn signals. I really want a smaller rectangular LED taillight. The Australian WR one looks like it would be perfect. I searched google.com.au and could not come up with much. Here is an 05 with factory turns. http://www.eatmydirt.com.au/articles/735

Tried to raise the question with Yamaha Oz, but you have to be based in Oz... so Can any of you peeps in Oz drop them an E-mail and let us kow the outcome ...... Thanks

I can tell you that those rego plate holders that come out factory with our in Oz WRs will most likely be taken off by 90% of people that buy them and opt for a aluminium rego plate holder which mind you arnt that easy to get hold of atm being such a new bike. I am one of those people that are waiting for the lighter alum plate holder.

If your keen for one of those plastic ones that come out factory that have the indicators why not post a thread on these sites in Oz they maybe able to sell you one they dont want.

www.dirtbikeworld.net

www.dirtblokes.com.au

Register with them too its free:thumbsup:

Did not think you had 07's in Oz yet ??... but I would still like to have the part number of the Yammy hanger,..

40o5iqs.jpg

Dude I love your solution. I have already broke two aluminum plate brackets. The heater hose will bend when I drop the bike. I am going to have to make up something similar. Great Idea.

Did not think you had 07's in Oz yet ??... but I would still like to have the part number of the Yammy hanger,..

I'll get the part number for you today (if available), be aware that most of us take them off because they are bulky and will break off when stacking anyway...........they are fine for road riding though.

Dude I love your solution. I have already broke two aluminum plate brackets. The heater hose will bend when I drop the bike. I am going to have to make up something similar. Great Idea.

I got the idea off one of my mates, he has had no problems with for over 2 years.

Items are as follows.....

Rego plate holder 5um-f1685-20-ad.............$83au

Rego plate holder subframe (u shape bar) 5um-f1671-00-ad..............$92au

Renforcement plate (flate plate on top of guard) 5um-f166-00-ad...........$13au

all of the above comply with the Austrailian design regulations/rules