HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glabudde

Rickystator?

3 posts in this topic

What kind of performance improvement could I expect by installing a rickystator? Was thinking about the 200w for $150. Based on forum looks like I could wind my own. :lol: Pretty tight on time these days and would rather be riding than working on bike, but can't stand the dimming between revs.:confused:

Thanks

My bike had a 2 coil high output stator on it when I got it. I don't know if it's a Ricky or a BajaDesigns, but they are pretty much the same. Currently, I'm running one coil to the headlight. If I run a 55/65 bulb I get almost no dimming at idle. However, I'm running a 90/110 H4 bulb. I get dimming, but I really like my 110 watt high beam. It makes an amazing amount of light. However, I really want 2 of these.

I had a dual sport kit, but time has taken it's toll. I have only a single turn signal left and the tail light finally broke off a couple of months ago. I'm going to get that all refurbished. I'll use that second coil to run the dual sport kit. I'll also use a decent battery and get a second headlight. That headlight will run off the battery so I still have light when the engine quits. Sudden unplanned darkness sucks.

I think you can get one on ebay for a little less, like $130.

1 person likes this

Check out Baja's website I changed a WR450 stock from 80 to 120 watts by moving two wires. You may need to get a larger Regulator rectifier, call Baja to see what you can do with your stock stuff. Might save you some dollars.