HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xr500joe

xr500

5 posts in this topic

i'm thinking of buying an 83mdl XR500. Anyone know what i should look out for with the older bike, any problems they have? Also i'd like to know some info, weight, seat hight, HP....

i'm thinking of buying an 83mdl XR500. Anyone know what i should look out for with the older bike, any problems they have? Also i'd like to know some info, weight, seat hight, HP....

one of two of those years (83-86) had the dual carb setup. The 83-84 350's had the dual carb, while my 85 is single. I think my 84 XL600 had the dual.?

Some stay away from those for reasons of complexity. Though those that can work on them say they work just fine. That's all I know. FWIW :lol:

A few parts are getting hard/impossible to find. They're getting $400 for a crank on the 350's!