Need good tune up mechanic in So Cal

Anyone know of a good "tune up" mechanic in So Cal? Got my son an 02-WR426 and want to get the mods done, new exhaust and re-jet.

A couple of years ago I had local dealers do my 03-WR450 but the 2 dealers I went to couldn't tune it correctly. Finally had is done by a guy in Vegas and it screams! Unfortunately he moved to Nor-Cal.

Corky,

If you are remotely familiar with how to operate a socket wrench and a screw driver, then you should try to do the mods yourself.

I followed the instructions on this forum and did mine. It was super easy. It also taught me several things about the bike so I can deal with it if something goes wrong. I wasn't trying to necessarily save money, I was trying to save time.

I now think absolutely nothing of taking the 20 minutes (or less) to adjust the clip on my carb needle or to try a different jet. I even keep two different inserts for my exhaust that I swap out on occasion.

The point is... if I can do it, then anyone can.

Yeah, if you got the manual, or buy one if you dont, do it yourself. Its really not that complicated. And if you still need a mechanic, I've had good luck with Hahm Motorsports. The service manager races desert and is on the rescue crew as well and really likes helping off-roaders. His name is Mark Hayes.

Having the time is my problem. Too busy these days. I have a hard enough time trying to break free to ride. Not sure where the guy moved to specifically. My brother is going to Vegas this weekend and will try to find out his address.

Might try Hahm, haven't tried him yet. Just very wary of dealers from my WR450 fiasco.

Someone good with tune-ups would really rake in the money in my area.

Having the time is my problem. Too busy these days. I have a hard enough time trying to break free to ride. Not sure where the guy moved to specifically. My brother is going to Vegas this weekend and will try to find out his address.

Might try Hahm, haven't tried him yet. Just very wary of dealers from my WR450 fiasco.

Someone good with tune-ups would really rake in the money in my area.

From racing in the So Cal desert I've heard good things about Hahm and their service Dept., but fortunately I haven't needed to use them. I'd say take a weekend day all to yourself and go for it. I did mine and now I'm a regular Mr Goodwrench.?