Need rim / spoke info

I did a search.... couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I'd like to install new (Black) Excel rims and spokes on the STOCK hubs for a XR650R. What exactly are the part numbers for the rims front/rear and heavy duty spoke sets front/rear. Also, who would you recommend to order the parts from.

Thanks

I did a search.... couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I'd like to install new (Black) Excel rims and spokes on the STOCK hubs for a XR650R. What exactly are the part numbers for the rims front/rear and heavy duty spoke sets front/rear. Also, who would you recommend to order the parts from.

Thanks

BUCHANAN!!

If you want to use the original hubs and dont want to drill a bigger hole for the spokes i will recomend the exel rims and spokes that is what i have on mine and it works great, Make sure the person doing the work for you uses loctite on the spokes nipples it helps a lot, if you use the buchanans I think you have to drill a bigger hole.

sorry for my $0.02

If you buy through East Coast wheels they will set you up. I put a 2.5" x17" Excel rim on the back of my XRL and they sent out the rim and spokes for about $250. I would recommend Eastcoast wheels. They also sell complete wheel sets.

Thanks for the info:

Yes.. I'd like to stick with Excel rims and spokes so I don't have to drill out larger spoke holes in the rim.

So... looking at the Excel web site vs. Parts Unlimited web site I see a difference in part numbers.

From Excel http://www.rk-excel.co.jp/english/rimappmxf.htm

Front - Black rim - XR650R

New part# ICK_410 which uses excel N1 type nipples

or ICK_416 does not say what type of nipple to use

From Parts Unlimited http://offroad.parts-unlimited.com/66/136/2757790

RKICK408 - which includes spokes but don't know the nipple type

What's the difference between the ICK_408 , ICK_410, ICK_416... is it that the spokes are included and what nipple types are they????

As for the black rear rim... both parts match up as a:

Excel web site FEK_400

Parts Unlimted RKFEK400 which I believe includes spokes.

That's why I asked exact part numbers. Seems to be a difference in part numbers.

Thanks

Ok... thanks for the link to East Coast Wheels.

From their web site it looks like this is what I need:

http://www.shopeastcoastwheels.com/shop/productdetail.htm?productId=2757790&shopBy=2362&catalogId=241

Front in Black

RKICK408 COLORWORKS MX RIMS AND REPLACEMENT SPOKES

Rear in Black

RKFEK400 COLORWORKS MX RIMS AND REPLACEMENT SPOKES

Price comes out to $271 + shipping. I'm going to give them a call to confirm the part numbers.

I hope this helps anyone else who is looking for this info.

Mike.

Call Woody's Wheel Works-I just had exactly the same done for my BRP- indestructible.

If you want to use the original hubs and dont want to drill a bigger hole for the spokes i will recomend the exel rims and spokes that is what i have on mine and it works great, Make sure the person doing the work for you uses loctite on the spokes nipples it helps a lot, if you use the buchanans I think you have to drill a bigger hole.

sorry for my $0.02

I use Buchanan spokes on mine and no need to drill out the hub. You only have to do this if you go to a larger diameter spoke. You do have a choice of a larger spoke nipple if you decide you want this. KTMs use a larger nipple and some people feel this gives then a stronger wheel.