JD kit in the 426

I'd like to hear from members that have put the JD kits in their 426s and what their opinions and results have been. I tried the QS AP cover and didn't think it helped the stall/bog problem much and I'm too novice a mechanic to attempt the BK mod. I've got the jet kit on the way after JD said it would cure the 426 woes better than any other mod to the carburator. What's the real world concensous fellow TT-ers.?

I have a 2000 YZ426 and I installed a JD jet kit in my bike and it made a difference. I also installed a float bowl from a 2005 CRF 450 that has a leak jet on my carb and I installed a 55 leak jet. I have no bog at all and it is very responsive. I can't get my bike to bog.

Nah, don't sell yourself short...it's pretty easy. Drill a hole, tap it, steal a spring out of a ball point pen to put on the screw, set the adjustment and your done. You can dooeeeet!

Thanks for the vote of confidence and I know I could do the drilling, tapping and install the screw alright but it's the timing of the squirt that has me baffled.

Anyway all that's moot if the jet kit is as good as I hear.?

Thanks for the vote of confidence and I know I could do the drilling, tapping and install the screw alright but it's the timing of the squirt that has me baffled.

Anyway all that's moot if the jet kit is as good as I hear.?

Once you get the carb in your hand the timing will be easier to see and understand. Having said that, I did all of the mods prior to installing the JD kit. I had a well dialed in bike, the JD Kit only made it run better. I suspect the oring on the pump arm is the reason. I havent tried each mod individually. He has set up alot of bikes with great results. If you think you are a marginal mechanic, I promise the kit will seem like light years ahead of the game.

Ok, I have a jet kit but it's not the JD Jet kit. What will the JD Kit have that mine may not?

Got my kit the other day, it's in the bike but haven't ridden it yet. The JD kit comes with two needle choices, four main jets and two different thickness o-rings for around the AC pump lever.

Got my kit the other day, it's in the bike but haven't ridden it yet. The JD kit comes with two needle choices, four main jets and two different thickness o-rings for around the AC pump lever.

ahhhh, so it's a more complete set then? mine only came with one needle and maybe 3 mains. is it worth it to run out and buy the jd kit so late in the game? Mine seems to running well enough with my current kit.

ahhhh, so it's a more complete set then? mine only came with one needle and maybe 3 mains. is it worth it to run out and buy the jd kit so late in the game? Mine seems to running well enough with my current kit.

My 426 ran OK too except for a tendencey to bog or stall at low RPM occasionaly so for that I justified the JD kit. If you like yours as is then I'd probably leave well enuf alone.