Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwnlowx

sterring stabilizer is it really helpful

10 posts in this topic

i just bought one and did not notice that you have to run regular fat bars or pro tapers and triple clamps im just ready to return it i dont no what to do about all this how do you mount the dampners with twin walls and stock clamps on a 04 yz 450

I guess it would only cost you $35 for the clamps, and $ 62 or so for the Contours.

You could get some oversize clamps that allow you to use Pro-Taper 1 1/8" bars. I use them on my 2004 Yz450f, just so I can run Pro-Taper Contours. They will give you additional clearance.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=3154&navTitle=Control&webCatId=12&pageLinkUri=&vehicleType=&webTypeId=70&navType=type

i bought some dh1 billet triple clamps last night new years eve they are sweet this guy has every color and all bikes and here in town and he is in town crazy well now i gott em heres a pic

i just bought one and did not notice that you have to run regular fat bars or pro tapers and triple clamps im just ready to return it i dont no what to do about all this how do you mount the dampners with twin walls and stock clamps on a 04 yz 450

I have the stock pro taper fat bars off an 06 yz450 that were never used. I will sell 2 u if you want them.

How are you running TwinWalls that are 1 1/8" on stock 04 YZ 450 clamps that are 7/8" ? Or are you talking about the 7/8" Renthals that have the different color ends?

Just get Jimmy Button bend renthals. They are taller so you only need to slightly bend the crossbar up. Oversize adapters will not work as the bolt to bolt center of the bar clamps will not line up with the damper top bar mount holes (must be 4"). A damper is worth it's weight in gold in my opinion. Will never ride without one.

got it done and its sweet only rode for 20 min but it was fantastic i am so much faster in the turns its not even funny how much i needed a gpr and clamp setup its a whole nother bike thats for sure

Like everyone else has said, once you have seen how much easier and safer (but going faster) you can ride with one, you will never want to go back to riding without one.

J