HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TXSASQUATCH

New Owner

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals, heard about this site from several folks/I was the reciepiant of a 04 YZ450F w/less than 30 hrs!!!!! I have a lot of backfiring on deceleration..Any ideas,any help appreciated, also can anyone suggest a good stiff spring for a heavy rider?

check the sticky section of this forum, im sure there is a section on backfiring on 450's and how to fix it. im pretty sure its because your bike

is running lean.

as for the spring, im 250 pounds and i ordered the stiffest spring i could get! ask around and find out what guys your weight are using, it might be trial and error as ifound. i have gone thru 3 rear springs to find the right one.

yeah do like George says.

I think a little backfiring on decel is pretty normal.

If it is excessive you may be a little lean on the main jet.

Oh BTW the header will glo but it is supposed to do that.

don't leave the bike idling too long.

Enjoy. You have a great bike...:lol:

If it's really popping a lot, check the pipe itself and make sure there are no leaks at the head or where the head-pipe meets the silencer. As far as springs go, check www.race-tech.com or www.mx-tech.com and use their spring rate calculators. Be sure to get the matching front springs as well.

Congrats on the new bike! Start by going up a main jet size and see how that effects things.