Who bought a Yamaha because they are tall?

Guess I'm short at 6-0", but the mags all say the bike is cramped for anybody bigger than average.

My size 11 boots were tight on my 07 yz450. Couldn't get under the shifter easily, and hit the rear brake unexpectedly (during a hard jump landing once!!!).

I just put Fastway F3's on in the lowboy position. Much better! Opened things up nicely and helped with thecontrols.

One note: you have to buy their peg mounts for the yammie aluminum frames to use in low-boy. $60.00

im 5,6 and find the bike a bit tall, i dropped forks 10mm at the front, now i want to lower the back, i checked my sag, it 95mm, can i take that sag to 105mm? to drop the back a bit, also thinking about a cutting seat foam a bit. Any ideas guys??

Are the Fastway F3's the pegs that have the raised center teeth?

I know there is a manufacturer that makes pegs with a taller Middle row of teeth, than the other teeth.

thanx

The White Bros pegs are the nicest with a raised center ridge. (standard fit, no lowboy option) But the F3's have replaceable pins (small hex screws actually) in different heights. I put taller in the middle, smaller front and back rows to mimic the WB design.

im 5,6 and find the bike a bit tall, i dropped forks 10mm at the front, now i want to lower the back, i checked my sag, it 95mm, can i take that sag to 105mm? to drop the back a bit, also thinking about a cutting seat foam a bit. Any ideas guys??

I'm 5' 6" too. I have my forks on the 1st ring sag at 100 mm but I did cut the seat foam about 1" into a step shape- its stock behind the step. That helped a bunch. I wish it was 1" lower, but it's not, so I guess I'll just deal with it.

I'm 6' 2" and I felt more comfortable on my 426 than other brand/price range bikes. I got taller bars and I still need to drop the footpegs and get a tall seat. It's still comfortable to ride but it's a little hard to go from a sit to a stand very quickly. I think the taller seat and foot pegs would help that a little. Hmmmm. Maybe that's just cuz I'm a tad bit out of shape?

I have a 2004 CRF 450 and have been leaning toward a new YZF 450. How do they compare?

Many differences. See this thread from guys who have gone from CRFs to Blue: https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419790

The MXA shootout just published does a fair job of explaining too. They just reached the wrong conclusion from the facts?