XR600R's

Okay. Here's my 2000 600R.

dscf0006rw9.jpg

dscf0007it3.jpg

dscf0014rd3.jpg

dscf0010km8.jpg

Looks great! And now for the questions... :thumbsup:

Is that a full Yosh system (shiny headers!)? If so, how do you like it?

What's that rear fender?

Are those stock graphics on a larger tank?

It looks like a stepped Yoshi header to me....well, it looks like my stepped Yoshi header anyway. :thumbsup:

Looks great! And now for the questions... :busted:

Is that a full Yosh system (shiny headers!)? If so, how do you like it?

What's that rear fender?

Are those stock graphics on a larger tank?

Thanks for the compliment. :thumbsup:

The engine itself is bone stock, and I plan to keep it that way.

Here's the list of add-on goodies that have found their way onto my piggy:

Devol alloy front disc guard

Race Tech .46kg fork springs

Cycra Half Vented front number plate

Devol alloy front master cylinder guard

Acerbis Rally Pro alloy brush guards

Devol one piece handlebar top clamp

Renthal handlebars

IMS 4 Gal tank

Factory Effex tank decals

Acerbis NOST universal rear fender

Pro Moto billet rear disc guard

Race Tech 11.5 kg rear shock spring

Works Connection alloy frame guards

IMS Pro Series foot pegs

Full skid plate (don't know the brand, bought used from Ebay)

UNI air filter

Uncorked airbox

Stock carb w/ 68 pj and 160 mj

Uncorked intake manifold

Yoshimura RS3 Stainless full exhaust system.

There are still a few items I want to add, but they'll trickle in slowly.

DSCF0008.jpg

friends letting me use his password so i could post my bike .dscf0118

how do you load pics

how do you load pics

You have to use photobucket. Then once loaded use I think the 2nd choice down and paste it in between the Paste here!!!

Here's mine, actually my bros but I'm helping him fix it up. So far I've trimmed the rear side panels. Has 628cc with welded on cooling fins, flatslide carb. Will soon have new bars, fender, handguards, headlight and be street legal.

Before

xr600c.jpg

Transition:

100_0108.jpg

Here's my 2000, after numerous mods. Still debating on installing the DOXO graphics seat and tank kit. Next comes the stage 1 Hotcam and excel wheels.

BEFORE:

hjytujytj.jpg

AFTER:

wqfqewfw.jpg

vbgbfgbfgb.jpg

ghdfgd.jpg

P3301775.jpg

Any other eng. mods? What header is that?

HOTCAM is very nice!

Any other eng. mods? What header is that?

HOTCAM is very nice!

Pipe is FMF. In hindsight I kinda wish I woulda gone with the XR's only setup. This thing fit poorly.

As far as mods, the engine is stock internally, other than a 200W stator. I did put a mikuni flatside carb on it. That has improved throttle response immensely. My limit on engine mods will likely be the stage 1 hotcam. I only weigh 170 and this thing has more than enough power with stock compression. If I throw anymore serious money into it, it will more likely be for suspension upgrades and new wheels.

Here s my 85 600R. Next it will get new fenders. It's a work in progress.

000_0230.jpg

Nice lookin' bike, Ch 47 pilot!:prof:

I've got all kinds of questions for you. Mainly, what mods did you do to make it street legal?

I know that I've got all kinds of hurdles to contend with since I'm in the Commie state of Kalifornia, but aside from that, I'd like to know how you chose to "legalize" it to make it pass your states "On Highway Inspection Test".

Did you go the Baja Designs Kit method, or did you just piece together all the necessary parts yourself?

I've got the same year and model as you do.

Thanks.

Pics of my 1995 XR600R thats street legal...

When I first brought it home...

Wardsxr600-22.jpg

Wardsxr600-21.jpg

The next day...

Wardsxr600-20.jpg

Wardsxr600-19.jpg

Wardsxr600-18.jpg

What did you paint the tank with, and has it held up? Looks good.

What did you paint the tank with, and has it held up? Looks good.

I actually only used regular rustoleum flat black spray paint. The only part that ever gets rubbed off is where the handlebars touch my 4.7 gallon tank other than that it holds up great.

Nice lookin' bike, Ch 47 pilot!:prof:

I've got all kinds of questions for you. Mainly, what mods did you do to make it street legal?

I know that I've got all kinds of hurdles to contend with since I'm in the Commie state of Kalifornia, but aside from that, I'd like to know how you chose to "legalize" it to make it pass your states "On Highway Inspection Test".

Did you go the Baja Designs Kit method, or did you just piece together all the necessary parts yourself?

I've got the same year and model as you do.

Thanks.

I originally got mine legal in AZ. I paid the shop from which I purchased the bike (was on consignment) to make it street legal. All they did was put in a brake light switch, dual filament brake light, mirrors, and a horn, and then it went through inspection and plates were issued on-spot. Pretty easy for AZ. All the stuff on it now is stuff I have changed myself, such as a hydraulic brake switch, the baja designs led tail light, and a dual-star mirror. I have since taken the horn off, because it was a hokey battery-operated one. I am running strictly AC, so the horn I will be using is an AC model I bought from a Vespa scooter parts dealer. As far as the whole street legal thing goes, I know the laws vary by state (ie: 1 or 2 mirrors/turn signals, ect), so the information you need may be easier to find by going through your local motor vehicle/dept of transportation, or calling some local shops. I hear some states are easy, while others practically want your first born child. I know once it is legal, you're pretty much good to go anywhere. If things are bad in Cali you can probably just bring it to AZ and get it street legal there, then bring it back to Cali. Good luck.:bonk:

Here's mine.

l_a41bfcd84a74f5686a070f7c12253ee2.jpg