HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mattnohiohills

grey wire and hard start, related?

5 posts in this topic

I have a 02 WR426, air box lid removed, throttle stop fixed, spark arrestor removed. I just cut the dreaded grey wire and now it is harder to start and keep running. I do have to leave the choke on longer too. At the risk of sounding like a real dumb AS*, I have to mention the temp has dropped from 30-40F to 10-20F since last time I rode. I am at about 1000ft. above sea level(Southern Ohio). Would the temp change make that much of a difference?

Lastly, with these mods will re-jetting be necessary?

I also have a 02 wr426, just cut the grey wire and not had a chance to ride it much, have not noticed it being harder to start, but did notice a little bog off the bottom end. I am going to try to adjust the fuel screw or may go to a 45 pj. Am runinig stock except the grey wire and a stroker baffle.

I just can't beleive this bike, traded up from an xr250, man what a difference!!

Guy

I disconnected the grey wire on my '01 a while back. Except when I sucked a papertowel up into my cylinder head the other day, my bike almost always starts 1st or 2nd kick. The cold weather hasn't made much difference. Adjusted the fuel screw after I put the carb back on to stop the decel. popping.

A thirty degree temp swing will make a bigger difference in an area with a higher humidity so it seems than one with a lower humidity to start with. You drop below freezing in ohio and the air gets a bunch dryer. When I start a bike in colder weather lots of times I screw the air screw into about 1/2 a turn. I adjust out as it warms up later in the ride,,usually about 20 mins.