Maxxis IT on the front?

Currently running a Pirelli MT18HD on the front and Maxxis IT Desert on the back of my 650r. Anyone running the IT on the front (desert riding)? Love the way the IT's last, but am thinking it might be a little too slick for the front. Opinions?

Currently running a Pirelli MT18HD on the front and Maxxis IT Desert on the back of my 650r. Anyone running the IT on the front (desert riding)? Love the way the IT's last, but am thinking it might be a little too slick for the front. Opinions?

I've never tried an IT on the front, but I have read a lot of posts here about the IT on the front. Most posters said "Don't do it." I'm keeping my Dunlop 756 for the front.

I do run a desert IT on the back. It was good on traction when new and is OK now that it is worn. It has lasted at least twice as long as a 756.

I am running an IT on the front. I probably would not run one again. I just don't have a lot of confidence (traction) with it. I would probably go back to a 739 faj or something else like a 756. I run the Maxxis IT on the rear and like it a lot.

Good luck

Desert It works well on the rear unless you get it hot on pavement then ride on rocks- sometimes the knobs chunk off

I run the desert IT on the front and no issues. Can't compare to the MT18 as I have not tried it, but it's on my list to try next. Just like the rear, the front is a long wearing tire. I doubt it will stick as well as a 756, but I've got 850 miles on mine between Baja and Imperial Valley and it has a long, long way to go before it's done.

Rear, good.:lol: Front, bad!:confused: Ran a hare scramble that had lots of high speed gravel fire roads with sweeping corners and that thing just slid everywhere! I don't mind the back sliding around, but when the front starts to slide...that's when I start to go:eek:

I have run the IT up front and will never make that mistake again. The front tire you presently have runs circles around the IT.

I am always trying different front tires and the one I liked the very best was a trials front tire but I would not recommend them cause they flatten too easily. And because of that I switched to the Pirrelli MT18. I am still looking for the perfect front tire.