Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2000 xr650r

Teraflex 110/100-18

11 posts in this topic

I searched and theres tons of info on here about the 150/90-18 tire, but none on the 110/100-18. So does anyone run it? Can you compare it to other tires? Its also dot legal. I am also considering the Kendal Millville 120/100-18 tire. Any other thoughts on a good tire out rear? I will be using it in intermediate/mixed terrain.

286_large_image.jpg

Is this tire long lasting or are they reffering to the 150/90-18? Also would this tire be heavy and effect handling, I assume thats also for the 150/90-18

The picture you posted sure looks a lot like the dunlop 606 which I run, is dot approved and wears well, I have been running the 130/90-18. When my 606 wears out I am going to try the teraflex myself. Heres a link to a tire company that handles teraflex. www.MandHTires.com

Let us know what you do.

From all I have heard the teraflex is made of a hard compound rubber which makes it long lasting, and I am sure that would apply to all tire sizes. The bigger a tire is the heavier it will be, also the effects on handling, theres a reason all mx bikes run the 110 size, their lighter and the narrower a tire is the less tractor effect which helps the bike turn.

Last I knew they started making one in Korea,and it sounded like it might be subpar. Some one on here was doing a long term ride impression but I havent seen it lately.

Yes someone was doing a test but that was on the 150/90-18 tire. I haven't found any reports on the 110 tire. I might have to try one. I still have 40% tread left on my M6006 Maxxis tires, which I am totally unhappy with as far as wear, so I might wait a while before i order one. Besides its to cold to ride here.:lol::confused: :confused:

The pictured tire is not a Teraflex. See the Teraflex pix on the M&H website.

I did look at the M&H site. They have that photo for the 110/100-18 Treaflex tire. Maybe you should go and look.

It sure does look like the dunlop. I might give one a try as the price is right.

I love my T flex.

It is slippery on the street at first has been all good now.

What size are you running? how many miles on it so far? I also heard they were a bit slippery till you wore the new off, the dunlop 606 is the same way!

I am also considering the Kendal Millville 120/100-18 tire. Any other thoughts on a good tire out rear? I will be using it in intermediate/mixed terrain.

I run the Millville on my XRL, it works great in soft/intermediate terrain, I went in the woods 2 rides , alot of rocky/muddy terrain & the tire is chunked from the rocks, if I was in sandy/ loomy all the time I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one:thumbsup: