fuel tank fix

got a yz 426 with a large crack developing can this be repaired whats the best product to use if possible

Toss the tank and get a new, safe tank. Somewhere on TT we had video of a tank repair gone wrong. The poor guy ended up losing his bike and being threatened with starting a forest fire. His repair did work...for about 4 hours it was a thing of beauty.

You will have to bite the bullet and get a new tank. It is not worth risking your health and bike to attempt a repair. My 426 tank cracked also. I got a Clarke replacement. Perfect fit, just like OEM. Been 18 months and the graphics are still sticking to it too. I think it was $200-250 on pricing.

If you check ebay you will find a wide variety of stock & oversize tanks for the 426 at decent prices. of course most are used so ask any questions prior to bidding.

got a yz 426 with a large crack developing can this be repaired whats the best product to use if possible

Ive got a 2002 YZF 426, stock tank is coming off, just rec'd a new Clarke 3.5 gallon tank for Christmas. Let me know if you are interested.

If you check ebay you will find a wide variety of stock & oversize tanks for the 426 at decent prices. of course most are used so ask any questions prior to bidding.

Exactly. I saw one the other day on ebay that went for $30. :lol:

My g/f Got me a Moose Bark Buster, Hand Guard and plastic shrouds. Her Grandparents got me the new renthal grips, Her mom got me a new renthal headache pad.... they all got thinks for my handle bars, but they didnt even realize when i brought it up. I also got some sweet thor hoodies and a couple gift certs.

My g/f Got me a ....

Uhhh ... uhhh .... did I miss something ? :lol:

I agree with what everyone else suggested, just get another tank dude. I had the same problem on my 426 and I bought the clarke and have had no problems since.