07 yz450f for xc

i'm new to 4 strokes(just coming off an 06 yz250) and want to know what you guys recommend for the 450 for hars scrambles-- i race the vet A class in D5 pa/wv. throw some ideas at me as i'm open to your suggestions. thanks, ron.

i'm new to 4 strokes(just coming off an 06 yz250) and want to know what you guys recommend for the 450 for hars scrambles-- i race the vet A class in D5 pa/wv. throw some ideas at me as i'm open to your suggestions. thanks, ron.

i race an 07 in the hare scrambles as well. Steering stabilizer would be on my list if i had the money. I swapped the front tire out for a 756 and the rest is stock:thumbsup:

Here's my list. IMS tank, Scott Steering Stabilizer, GYTR Offroad flywheel, DID 520 VT Gold ( that's the new enduro narrow x ring chain ), Renthal Kevlar grips, 18 inch rim for the rear, Skid plate ( not sure which yet ), and a forest approved pipe. ( not sure on that yet either )

Here's my list. IMS tank, Scott Steering Stabilizer, GYTR Offroad flywheel, DID 520 VT Gold ( that's the new enduro narrow x ring chain ), Renthal Kevlar grips, 18 inch rim for the rear, Skid plate ( not sure which yet ), and a forest approved pipe. ( not sure on that yet either )

well thats a buch of wasted $$$

wc or flatland skid plate

cycra probend racerpack handguards

wc rad guards

brake snake

seal savers

(all this is big protection and only about 300$)

ims 3.1 gal tank(optional, i usually do it on down the road)

susp work(optional, usually do it on down the road)

run the piss outta the stock tires and sprockets+chain before race season then get you some michelin ms3's and jt steel sprockets and a d.i.d. x-ring chain

ive never used a stabilzer and dont plan too....

Why would that be a bunch of wasted $$$$? A steering stabilizer is by far the best investment on a Offroad bike. Try it and you will see. Especially in the woods hitting logs and rocks. Wheels are coming off anyways on mine to build the hubs into supermoto wheels for summertime when the forest is closed.

run the piss outta the stock tires and sprockets+chain before race season then get you some michelin ms3's and jt steel sprockets and a d.i.d. x-ring chain

I find it interesting that on the one hand you would economize by running the stock tires for several weeks and yet you would run the stock chain until it ruined the sprockets. The OEM front sprocket is as good as anything made, and destroying it that way makes no sense. The OEM rear is only about a mid grade cog, but you should be able to get nearly a year out of it if you ditch the stock chain and put something durable on it.

As far as using JT steel, not everyone wants a sprocket that weighs over pound, regrdless of how long they last, or how cheap they are. The Tag on my '03 is 1 1/2 years old now, weighs less than half what a JT does, and cost me $60. That's pretty decent economy, IMO.

If you don't get the right tires on there in the first place, you'll decrease your enjoymen of the bike, set it up wrong in an attempt to compensate, and then have to re-learn/re-adjust everything when you do get the right ones. And that doesn't count the skin you may have to re-grow or the bent parts you suffer as a result of the tires putting you on your ear.

And if you have never used a good steering stabilizer, perhaps you just don't know what you're missing, or what they might be worth.

wc or flatland skid plate

cycra probend racerpack handguards

wc rad guards

brake snake

seal savers

(all this is big protection and only about 300$)

ims 3.1 gal tank(optional, i usually do it on down the road)

susp work(optional, usually do it on down the road)

Joey299 has a pretty good list IMO....especially regarding the chain and the stabilizer. Toss that stock front tire into the garbage bin along with the stock chain.

Cycra probends are nice but are expensive (overpriced in my book). The Acerbis Rally Pro handguards are soft. Go with some MSR handguards, they are reasonably priced and are very tough...I have beat the living %#@* out of mine and they have held up.