HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlueBayou

how to protect wires under the rear fender-need ideas

6 posts in this topic

I have a xr650r and have almost completed dual sporting it, BUT I have several wires running into the rear tail light and blinkers that are just hanging down a few inches under the rear fender.

These wires are not going to survive very long when I start riding it, so I need some idea on how to secure them.

Get some of that plastic convoluted conduit, or clear tubing as hill 5150 suggests, the small stuff, and tape up with a quality tape 3M super 33. Zip tie to sub frame.

I ran my wires inside of clear heavy grade poly tubing avail at any hardware store, you know the stuff you use (d) :lol: for beer bongs at college parties:).......

I ran my wires inside of clear heavy grade poly tubing avail at any hardware store, you know the stuff you use (d) :lol: for beer bongs at college parties:).......

That would work...memorys...college parties.....:confused:

speaking of that, need more for next week. but gotta be 1 or 1.5 inch stuff. the last one got used as a whip, and is going nowhere near my moulth.