Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpceSpff

Need help finding CA legal exhaust please.... quickly!

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I tried searching for this info, but couldn't find it. I have a pretty much stock 99 400. I was at a state OHV park this weekend, and a ranger told me I don't have a spark arrestor, and my stock exhaust was too loud. So, I guess I need to upgrade to aftermarket.

Any suggestions on what to get? I would like to spend less that 500$ on a full system, so I can get around the oil filter problem. It that much money going to get me a quality set up? Someone suggested FMF Q.

Thanks for the help, and sorry if this is a beaten horse topic.

Dr.D SA systems are pretty quiet, and around $500. Also, the SA can easily come out if you are in an area where you dont need it.

The tt store lists the SA system for about $515 from Dr.D , but Motosport has it for $480. Id suggest calling TT, and they can maybe beat the Motosport price.

Yea, that's the one I had my eye on. Not sure if it's the full system or not. If it's just the muffler, I'd rather go with a FMF Q and save money. Also, TT sells the Dr. D for $464

My son got the DR.D complete system for his 00 426. It solved the oil filter cover problem and was only $409.99 at BTO Sports. It helped the lower end power a good bit. It also has a spark arrestor and is about 94db.