HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpceSpff

Need help finding CA legal exhaust for 99' 400

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I tried searching for this info, but couldn't find it. I have a pretty much stock 99 400. I was at a state OHV park this weekend, and a ranger told me I don't have a spark arrestor, and my stock exhaust was too loud. So, I guess I need to upgrade to aftermarket.

Any suggestions on what to get? I would like to spend less that 500$ on a full system, so I can get around the oil filter problem. It that much money going to get me a quality set up?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if this is a beatn horse topic.

OK, cool. I will look into that.

And can a mod please move this to the correct forum? Didn't even notice I posted in the wrong forum. Should have been the YZ board. Thanks

:thumbsup:

my 99 yz400f, has a white bros e series and is way too loud. I put a stock yz426 header and cured the oil filter access problem. Then i took out all but 4 plates out of the "silencer", note i use that term lightly, and still am 94db at idle. It had 8 plates and was 98 db idle. After rididng it my ears would ring for a few days. 4 plates is the min on white bros, but i would stay away from them. too loud. I cant beleive the stock stuff is too loud. Did they check it with a db meter, or just tell you it was too loud ??? I am searching for something different also..