dry sump question

I purchased an 05 XR650R, my first machine with a dry sump. If I leave it set for a period of time, all the oil drains out of the frame and back into the crankcase. Do I need to drain the crankcase and dump the oil back into the frame before starting? If I just start it with all the oil in the crankcase, it seems it would take a while for the sump pump to push the oil up into the frame to provide oil to the main pump that provides oil for the engine. I just don't want to do any damage to the engine. Concerned about this if I let my machine set all winter and then start it up first nice day next spring. Thanks for any advice.

Do I need to drain the crankcase and dump the oil back into the frame before starting?

Yes, that's what every one of us does...:devil:

Does that make sense?

Sounds like there is plenty of oil in the sump pick-up to feed the engine, until oil gravity feeds back to the sump to feed the engine...and so on.?

Do I need to drain the crankcase and dump the oil back into the frame before starting?

Yes, that's what every one of us does...:devil:

Does that make sense?

Sounds like there is plenty of oil in the sump pick-up to feed the engine, until oil gravity feeds back to the sump to feed the engine...and so on.?