HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Timmerz

Guys got room for 'nother noob? '83 XL600R

6 posts in this topic

Hi, y'all!

Buddy of mine in Modesto, Ca. that I work with (owns an '01 XR650R) gave me a call and asked if I was interested in a free '83 XL600R that a friend of his had found abandoned at a property he had just bought in the hills....went over and looked at it today, started cleaning it up and replacing all the bad parts...still got a LOT of work left to do, but after about 6 steady hours of work the bike is rideable, I was able to circle the property a couple of times to get a feel for it. Pretty strong, good compression still, need to devote more time to the carbs, take them all the way off and clean them completely instead of just the jets and float bowls...it won't run without the choke at the moment...

Here's a coupla pics from when I first laid eyes on it, hope you guys don't mind me chiming in once in awhile with questions?:thumbsup:

firstsightjn2.jpg

firstsight2gv8.jpg

firstsight3yv4.jpg

Awesome deal!!! Welcome to TT, lots of experience with the BRP 's all questions welcome, and there is no such thing as a stupid question!!!! Merry Christmas.

Welcome to Thumpertalk, Timmerz, We have plenty of room :thumbsup:

:smirk: :smirk:

Thanks, Frank! Don't remember how I heard about this forum, but I've been lurking for a couple of weeks to try to get a feel for my bud's xr650r, and then he calls me with this find....almost like kismet or something!

Really glad there's a venue for thumpers!:devil: