'08 Xr 650?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was being discontinued? ?

NOPE!!! WRONGE!!!! :devil:

I had the pleasure of speaking with some top Honda officials at a high-brow dinner the other night….they’re not really doing away with the xr650r in 2008….both as a celebration for 08 and trying to compete with the mega-big-bore thumper market, currently dominated by the Suzuki DR800,… Honda will be releasing the xr800r!!!

You heard it hear folks, now go out and start telling people….

Maroast, prove it, documentation, photos, taped conversation!!!!!! I will believe it when I see a press release till then its ALL speculation. High brow dinner parties and all, you know how people talk crap after a couple of drinks. Oh, and what DR800? according to Suzuki's web site that does not exist either? Wake up dude your in another world!

Oh, and what DR800? according to Suzuki's web site that does not exist either? Wake up dude your in another world!

FIGHTING WORDS!!!! And you dont want to bring it!....I'm not going to showboat here....but maybe you've seen me fight before...on UFC :devil:

as for the DR800...like most cool crap, we never saw it in the US http://www.suzukicycles.org/DR-series/DR750-800S-Big.shtml ?

FIGHTING WORDS!!!! And you dont want to bring it!....I'm not going to showboat here....but maybe you've seen me fight before...on UFC :devil:

as for the DR800...like most cool crap, we never saw it in the US http://www.suzukicycles.org/DR-series/DR750-800S-Big.shtml ?

BFD I would walk the 1000 before sitting on that Shitsuki pile..........

So in other words, no one has any idea.....

Oh well, time will tell. I personally wish they would re-release a XR 600 with updated suspension. I owned four of them, still my all time favorite bike!

Not true, I heard they will release a turbo 725cc street legal beast.?

With a flux capacitor

Well let's get some straight dope somewhere. I'm trying to decide whether it will be my conveted '00 650R or my '05 650L (w/900 miles) that's i'm going to be parting company with anytime now. If they are dumping one or the other that will factor in to my decision (the discontinued model will stay).

As far as the Suzi DR 7, 8 or whatever.(and any Honda copy) Just what the world needs another low fendered overweight urban poser. ? "I need to look like I rode PD on my trip's to Starbuck's"

There are other speculatory threads on this subject, but concensus seems to be that 07 will be the R's last year, and the L is the only dual sport honda currently makes, and that 08 will be its last year and no replacement has been named as yet!!! What a shame honda with NO dualsports.

Why would Honda not consider making the XR 650R, a dominating factor in high speed off road racing, the updated dual sport bike to replace the L, since they are doing so already in other parts of the world?

Why would Honda not consider making the XR 650R, a dominating factor in high speed off road racing, the updated dual sport bike to replace the L, since they are doing so already in other parts of the world?

Because that whould be the logical thing to do. ?

As I stated earlier the dr800 does not exist, where I live anyway USA, and after seeing it, theres no doubt they wouldnt sell very many here.

Maroast, I dont watch such things as the underwear fighting club, ranks right up there with fat man mud wrestling. lol

I agree Honda should revamp the xr650r, in both dual sport and off road only models, while their at it add at least fuel injection, upside down forks, and better brakes!

Actually, due to the backlash from the reports of discontinuing the 2 strokes and because of the popularity of the Service Honda's production of them in aluminum frames, Honda will be re-introducing the CR500. The new motor will be a direct injected 2 stroke that is supposed to be so clean, it will beat any announced or foreseen pollution restrictions by the EPA in the next 10 years and will produce 75 hp at the rear wheel. There will be three models to chose from - CR500R for supercross/motocross, CR500X for trail/desert, and the CR500XL street legal/dual sport model. All will come with a new generation V aluminum frame that is said to weigh 185 lbs for the R, 200 lbs for the X, and 210 lbs for the XL. A host of other goodies will be included in the package including factory works Showa suspension, HRC red anodized billet triple clamps and hubs, and a, as of yet unnamed, steering dampener. Pricing has yet to be determined but expected to be in the $7,000 - $8,000 range.

Also, anyone know how I can get in touch with Jeff Skilling - I want to invest in Enron??

What other parts of the world are they already doing this? Any links to this information? I'm not considering the new KTM EXC's because I get all the performance I need from my dual sported WR450.

I am currently considering a dual sport, from the factory, purchase but I don't feel there are any good choices. I'm considering the KLR650, XR650L and DRZ400S. All have their good and very bad points to consider. The DRZ is probably the best off-road but the L isn't bad either. I just hate having to do all the mods to make them run decent. I really like my BMW R1150RT for on-road riding because it is good to go right from the factory with no engine mods necessary.

I wish someone would make a XR650L type dual sport bike that would run great right from the show room floor but no one does at this time. The thing I like most about the L for all day dual sport rides, 170 miles or more, is the seat. My WR450 seat gets really uncomfortable after a 12 hour day of riding and that is when I want the XR650L seat even though my RT seat is the most comfortable.

I wish Honda would come out with a dual sported XR650R, fuel injected, electric start, adjustable triple clamps, alum. hand guards, alum. skid plate, saddle bags, 4.5 Gal fuel tank that weights no more than 330 lbs.

Whoever comes out with a bike like this, will sell all they can build.