Clarke Tank

I just bought a Clarke 5 gallon tank for my 1998 XR600R, not real happy with fit of tank compared to my stock one. I have gaps between tank and seat and side plates. Purely cosmetic. I called Clarke and was told there is no adjustment. How it is once you bolt the tank in place is the way it will stay. I verified seat is slid into place correctly, both front and bottom. I think it needs to be back 1/2 inch and it would be ok. Anyone have similar problem and fix?

i have an IMS tank on my 650L and noticed the fit wasnt as good as the stocker, the fit is still pretty nice but not perfect. i think its just the nature of the beast when it comes to aftermarket plastic tanks.

i just put a 4.7 gal Clarke on my 650L and its not perfect either but when you double the size of your tank I just figure you have to deal with it a little. I can live with imperfections for an extra 2 gal of gas

I don't even notice it anymore.

If you think that is bad, don't ever order a stock-sized Clarke tank. There are some die-hard Clarke lovers on this forum who will deny that these tanks fit poorly. i'm not one of them.

I made new brackets that moved the tank back about 1/2 inch.

http://xr-rider.tripod.com/tank/

Not perfect, but a lot better.

My Acerbis 6 gal. tank fit perfect with very solid mounting hardware. Only complaint is the petcocks were a bit cheap. Clarke tank was tried and failed to fit so I went with the bigger tank. Heavier but gives me 230 mile drive range.

I noticed that the "bad" fit was on older models....

Getting ready to drop some Benjamins on a Clarke for my '07. Should I expect problems?

I put a Clarke 4.0 on my '94 XR650L and thought it fit good. I've noticed that in general people seem to be happier with the Clarke 4.0 from a fit perspective than the bigger 4.7

I cut the wire support they send with the tank in two and used it to more solidly attach the front of the tank to the now un-used wing mounts. Very solid now.

I noticed that the "bad" fit was on older models....

Getting ready to drop some Benjamins on a Clarke for my '07. Should I expect problems?

After my bracket mod I'm very happy with the tank. What bike do you have, 650L or 650r?

'07 Xr650l

I'm thinking about looking looking for a 650l or 600r California registered frame or fixer upper and use my motor and other parts, so I can do some dual sport rides.

I have a clark tank on my xr650r and it fits ok