HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tomb1957

Clarke Tank

14 posts in this topic

I just bought a Clarke 5 gallon tank for my 1998 XR600R, not real happy with fit of tank compared to my stock one. I have gaps between tank and seat and side plates. Purely cosmetic. I called Clarke and was told there is no adjustment. How it is once you bolt the tank in place is the way it will stay. I verified seat is slid into place correctly, both front and bottom. I think it needs to be back 1/2 inch and it would be ok. Anyone have similar problem and fix?

i have an IMS tank on my 650L and noticed the fit wasnt as good as the stocker, the fit is still pretty nice but not perfect. i think its just the nature of the beast when it comes to aftermarket plastic tanks.

i just put a 4.7 gal Clarke on my 650L and its not perfect either but when you double the size of your tank I just figure you have to deal with it a little. I can live with imperfections for an extra 2 gal of gas

If you think that is bad, don't ever order a stock-sized Clarke tank. There are some die-hard Clarke lovers on this forum who will deny that these tanks fit poorly. i'm not one of them.

My Acerbis 6 gal. tank fit perfect with very solid mounting hardware. Only complaint is the petcocks were a bit cheap. Clarke tank was tried and failed to fit so I went with the bigger tank. Heavier but gives me 230 mile drive range.

I noticed that the "bad" fit was on older models....

Getting ready to drop some Benjamins on a Clarke for my '07. Should I expect problems?

I put a Clarke 4.0 on my '94 XR650L and thought it fit good. I've noticed that in general people seem to be happier with the Clarke 4.0 from a fit perspective than the bigger 4.7

I cut the wire support they send with the tank in two and used it to more solidly attach the front of the tank to the now un-used wing mounts. Very solid now.

I noticed that the "bad" fit was on older models....

Getting ready to drop some Benjamins on a Clarke for my '07. Should I expect problems?

After my bracket mod I'm very happy with the tank. What bike do you have, 650L or 650r?

I'm thinking about looking looking for a 650l or 600r California registered frame or fixer upper and use my motor and other parts, so I can do some dual sport rides.