2001 YZ426 Skid Plate

Utah Sports from Rocky Mountain is a good plate. The extra side coverage saved my motor at the 25 hours of Goldendale, but the plate sure took a beating. I have had mine for years without problems, but it sure is ugly and crooked now ?

I second the Utah plate. Maybe you can try taking it off, and beating it a little straighter with a hammer? It worked for my radiator guards.

I have the Thumpertalk skidplate which I *think* might actually be manufactured by Utah Sports. The fitment is excellent, zero rattling or vibration, and it provides good coverage of the side covers.

Based on some of the dents and gouges that it has on it now from Reiter and Walker Valley I would say it was a good investment...or at the very least cheap insurance.

I like it so much that I just bought another one for my RM250.

I second the Utah plate. Maybe you can try taking it off, and beating it a little straighter with a hammer? It worked for my radiator guards.

I did take it off and beat on it for about 30 minutes. It is closer to its original shape, but will never be normal.

I had the Devol plate on my XR600R. I was not impressed, it always filled with dirt and was a PITA to put on when maintenance was due.

• 4 months later...