HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maroast

Springs...plz help with some info. xr650r

4 posts in this topic

I posted this in the suspension forum....but there was only one response and I wanted to see what some xrr riders had to say.

I have a 2006 xr650r

The stock springs for my bike are .43kg/9.2kg front/rear. From the charts I’ve seen, this setup is ideal for someone weighing ~165lbs. I tend to bounce around between 165 and 175...more towards 175 though.

My question is: should I get springs for a 200lbs rider?

I have a dual sport kit, 4.5 gal Clarke tank, fender pack w/ tool & tube….plus all the gear I wear … this crap must add up to at least 25lbs. So am I correct in getting springs for a 200 lbs rider (.45kg/10kg)?

I feel as though the bike is under sprung. I ride fast desert and get airborn on occasion. I haven’t had any problems with bottoming out, but get some high speed knifing (I’m getting ahead of myself here). Any input would be great…:thumbsup:

t-bone

Max power, I dont follow. Is your situation similar to mine...and you installed a 10.5 rear spring? Or you got a 10.5 for sale for me? :thumbsup:

If you are not bottoming out with all that junk i wouldn't bother changing ,the knifing though please explain and someone may be able to guide you.

It's probably a rebound thing if you ain't bottoming.