YZ450 and 250 Same Wheels?

The hub should be the same. But the rim size might be different. The 450 is a 2.15 and the 250 might be a 1.95.

I picked up a WR 250 rim for my 06YZ450 for trail riding. It went on no problem. But the rim size was smaller. 2.15 compared to a 1.95.

The big difference is that the WR is a18" rim and the stock YZ is a 19' rim.

I keep the 18 for trail riding and the 19 for the track.

Hope this helps, good luck

To clarify, the 450 and 250 both use Excels. The 250F uses DID's.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelfeatures/12/0/features.aspx

the 250f uses excels...scroll down to the last bullet in the chassis/susp section they started excels in 06

if you dont beleive that then look at this pic http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelimagelib/12/19/all/0/image.aspx

How does that change the fact that:

1)The YZ250 has used Excels for several years, contrary to what was posted earlier, and,

2) YZ250F's prior to '06 used DID's ?

But it is a good point, and I suppose one could come across a used '06 wheel set, but it somehow doesn't seem as likely as finding older ones.

well i guess i left that out...in my opinion if you could get and 06 or newer 250f,250,or 450f wheelset it would be better because excels are the best rims out there and will be much stronger and beter looking than the d.i.d.s

my .02

Well, I can't argue with any of that. DID's were used on the 250F because they are marginally lighter, and the 250F people were on a Holy War with weight. They didn't do too badly, either, considering that they ended up in '05 with a 250cc 4-stroke that was 5 pounds lighter than a YZ250 with an aluminum frame. ?

Besides, The rear rims are too narrow anyway, so you'd put on a new Excel, anyway.