Race Fuel

I use Monster 110 leaded fuel. Its not harmful. I use race gas for multiple reasons; the lead cushions the valve seats, jetting is easier to dial in, no detonation (I run a 13.5:1 piston), its exactly the same everytime I buy it, and it smells good. ?

I usually run whatever i can get outta the pump.. sometimes its VP sometimes F&L but usually in the 110 to 111 octane and mix it 70/30 race to pump. ? Have had no problems as of yet and been running this combo for quite some time.. The only reason i did it was for throttle responce. For some reason the throttle just seems to be right there when i need it while runnin the good smellin gas. :devil:

Race fuels are a benefit because the fuel itself produces more energy when it burns.

Higher octane than the required 95 RON ( about 91 by the R/M averaging method on U.S. gas pumps) is entirely unnecessary for most any YZF, and is of no benefit whatever.

Octane does not provide power, or change anything else about how a fuel burns except its resistance to detonation.

Read from here:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2827893#post2827893

If you're running a stock motor, you don't need to use race gas. In fact MXA magazine actually got LOWER horsepower with octanes over 96, compared to 91 octane (R+M)/2 method.

Gas prices are already starting to go back up, and why people want to run expensive gas with stock motors is a mystery to me. These bikes (all the Japanese 250f and 450f's) are designed to run on 91 octane pump gas. Save the money for new tires (they've been going up in price recently also).

IF you switch to a high compression Piston, than you're going to need the higher octane....not on a stocker.

VP U4 is 91 octane plus all the secret ingredients in it to!
Bear in mind that U4 is either 91 or 92 (depending on which U4) MOTOR octane (MON), which is probably pretty close to 98-100 Research octane (RON), or even higher, and very likely 96+ pump octane (R+M/2). The motor method is much tougher on a fuel, but also much more realistic.