HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
76Datsun280z

650l rear tire recommendations

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I was planning on taking my 99' 650l around the back streets a little bit today, but when I hopped up onto the bike to start it, I realized the rear tire was almost flat. Ok, plugged the compressor in to fill it up, the tire wouldn't take any air, you could hear it and feel it all come back out. Any way, the rear tire that I've got on it now is the Rally Cross tire and it needs to replaced so when we take it in to have it fixed, I'm probably just going to buy a new rear tire for it any way as it needs to be replaced. Basically I'd say 75% of my riding is off road and I'd like to get the nobbiest street legal tire I can get on there. I was wondering what you guys recommend and also what your thoughts were on the Rally Cross tires?

The knobbiest dot approved tire is probably the teraflex, heres a link www.MandHTires.com A lot of guys swear by these, though I personally have not tried them yet. I have been running the dunlop 606 tire, in a 130/90-18. :thumbsup: And welcome to TT!!!!

The knobbiest dot approved tire is probably the teraflex, heres a link www.MandHTires.com A lot of guys swear by these, though I personally have not tried them yet. I have been running the dunlop 606 tire, in a 130/90-18. :thumbsup: And welcome to TT!!!!

Ditto, I run the 606's and love them. Teraflex are a great tire as well. The only down side is you'll be changing either of them after about 2000 miles...Happy Roostin'

Ed

Thanks for suggestions, can you buy these teraflex tires at most any motorcycle shop or do you have to special order these in?

I don't know about your location, but I always find better deals and better selection on the net than I do around here.....With the shipping included I usualy beat the prices by 10 bucks or so....Happy hunting...

Ed

My new tire went flat the other day and I found that the valve core was loose...went to Autozone bought the little tool to tighten it, good as new.

I am liking the Kenda K760 Trakmaster combined with the Pirelli MT21 front.

MikeH

You can probably get your local shop to order one (teraflex), but will probably mark it up some you can buy direct from the link I posted earlier.

My new tire went flat the other day and I found that the valve core was loose...went to Autozone bought the little tool to tighten it, good as new.

I am liking the Kenda K760 Trakmaster combined with the Pirelli MT21 front.

MikeH

how many miles do you get out of the Trakmaster?