After market kickstand

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Bob & Dr. I have the PMB unit and it is awesome. Excellent addition to an off road bike. It tucks completely out of the way, and the spring is actually quite strong. Taking quite a bit of leverage to flip it out. I race Desert and have no problems with it even trying to come down on those backbreaking whoops, and G-Outs. I have also ridden track with it as well and never any problems over the whoops, or the big tables. Besides that your bikes cool factor goes up with all the gawkers!

I second millionth the ProMoto.. have had it on my 426 for a few years now, rock solid design, has NEVER come down unless I wanted it to, and has helped save many a friends keester in the trails and on the track when playing around. Worth the minimal added weight.

PMB or trail tech are awesome. there is also a guy on e-bay , kenr775, that makes them bike specific. I have one of his on my yz400f and it works pretty good. I think it was about 45.00 . it has never come down un-wanted. we trail ride all the time and usually take my sons friends with us, usually inexperience trail riders, so a kick stand for me is a must.

I have the pro moto billet ( promotobillet.com ) Not the cheapest, but very high quality. It rests way back up along the frame support, completely out of the way. Has a very powerful spring that prevents it from coming down while riding

That's the one I was looking at, they are out of a town about 5 miles away form me.

I looked at those Trikstands too. I had some concerns. The first is that with the stand supporting the bike so far back like a triangle stand I dont think the bike is real solid. If you are on uneven ground, triangle stands dont work well, I am curious if the rearward balance point would suffice in off road situations. My other concern is having a $150.00 kickstand fall out of the axle and be lost. I am sure they have addressed that, but I am thinking I want it ATTACHED to my bike. Lastly I know alot of times I jump off my bike in a hurry to asist a fallen rider or younger rider through a tough section and just want to "kick" the stand and leave. It seems like that would be slower with this one. Seems like a cool idea, but I wonder how practical it is, especially for that kind of money. Does anyone here have one yet they could report on. I am thinking PMB is the one for me. ?