2007 yz450f or yz250,that is the question?

I've been debating between the 2007 yz250 2-stroke or the 2007 yz450.My most recent bike was a 2005 crf450.I loved the motor on the crf but never could come to terms with the way the front end seemed to push.I was ready to switch to the 2007 yz450,but I keep hearing that the front on the 2006-2007 yz450 pushes in certain corners just like the crf450.I am also hearing alot of negative things in regards to the power on the 2007 yz450.Is the motor a step forward or back?I'm almost ready to say the hell with the 4-strokes and switch back to the yz 250.I am suppose to pick up the yz450 friday,but I am having second thoughts,any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.Also is the 2007 worth the extra cash?I could get a leftover 2006 for around 600.00-700.00 dollars cheaper.

I've been debating between the 2007 yz250 2-stroke or the 2007 yz450.My most recent bike was a 2005 crf450.I loved the motor on the crf but never could come to terms with the way the front end seemed to push.I was ready to switch to the 2007 yz450,but I keep hearing that the front on the 2006-2007 yz450 pushes in certain corners just like the crf450.I am also hearing alot of negative things in regards to the power on the 2007 yz450.Is the motor a step forward or back?I'm almost ready to say the hell with the 4-strokes and switch back to the yz 250.I am suppose to pick up the yz450 friday,but I am having second thoughts,any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.Also is the 2007 worth the extra cash?I could get a leftover 2006 for around 600.00-700.00 dollars cheaper.

Being that this is the 450F forum, most will probably steer you towards the 4 banger. However, I just switched to an '07 YZ250 from an '06 CRF450R for similar reasons. I am very happy with my decision. The motor has a broad, usable powerband. For the 2-3 times a month I can get out it is the right steed for me. I've installed the GYT-R flywheel weight and it hooks up perfectly.

If I had gone the 450 route, the '07 YZF would have been my pick. I haven't ridden one yet, but my buddy tells me that it is super easy to ride and has plenty of juice. I like the fact that it is quieter to boot. As well, it turns better than his '06. Other than the RMZ, I think you'll find that all the 450's will push in certain situations. And none will turn like a 2 stroke. In a perfect world, the OEM's would market a 350F.

The only people who say that the 06-07 YZF450 pushes, are the people who shouldn't be on a 450 to begin with or they haven't figured out how to set a bike up properly. My 06 feels like it could drive it's self through a turn, so I can only imagine that the 07 is even nicer. There is plenty of power on the new bikes, but if all your looking for is the stong sudden hit of a 2 stroke then don't get the yzf, because the power delivery is very smooth, which allows for faster track times. You can up the power of the YZF very easiely with a new exhaust, and correct jetting.

The 07 YZ450f is probably, hands down, one of the best handling bikes I have ever ridden. The power is great, way more torque than a YZ250. I weight as much as the bike does and it can put me anywhere I want it to go. Jump wiz. The thing corners like a rail. Suspension setup is required. I’ve been on 2 smokes most of my adult life but I wouldn’t go back to them. The maintenance costs are crazy on the 4-strokes but if money is not an issue, I’d buy the 450.

laugh.gif