how much?

i have a 2002 yzf 426 that runs great so far, but i was thinking of doing a new top and bottom end just to be on the safe side. i ride mostly glamis which can be very hard on bikes, so i think by doing this i can prevent from being stranded in the dunes. so how much would a top & bottom rebuild run if i had someone else do it? is there a way to check if i need a new top/bottom end? like a leak test? i know this sounds stupid but iam kinda new to this. thanks:thumbsup:

anybody?

I dont think you will have to worry about the bottom end

they last and last in thumpers some one will know more than me tho

topend will be pretty $$$$ in my book if you do it your self with piston, valves, etc it will be close to $800 I think that is a guess tho

I spent about 1500 bucks rebuilding my 426...included new valves, springs, retainers, cutting the seats, new guides, big bore kit, new crank, new main bearings, and all the gaskets ands such. Got most of the parts on the TT store, but got a killer deal ont he valve seat machining/porting and guide work.

I spent about 1500 bucks rebuilding my 426...included new valves, springs, retainers, cutting the seats, new guides, big bore kit, new crank, new main bearings, and all the gaskets ands such. Got most of the parts on the TT store, but got a killer deal ont he valve seat machining/porting and guide work.

who did your maching/porting work? do you know any good mechanics here in cali?