Will an aftermarket triple clamp help? o6 450

Do you mean 22mm offset? I thought 27mm was for the 250Fs and 22 or 24mm offset was for the 450s.

By the way, Motocross Action mentions getting taller bars, but nothing about offest triple clamps in their review of the 2006 YZ450F.

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/me2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=C7AF5ACDE646414BB92CB8876BD9F591

this is what was installed on my 06' YZ450F...

APPLIED FACTORY RUBBER 27mm BLU

APP-FC-YZ27-O6R

BE17E5510KBL APPLIED RACING

06' YZ/F 125 & UP

this is what was installed on my 06' YZ450F...

APPLIED FACTORY RUBBER 27mm BLU

APP-FC-YZ27-O6R

BE17E5510KBL APPLIED RACING

06' YZ/F 125 & UP

Did you ride the bike before adding the triple clamps, and if so What are the differences?

Cornering with and with out berms?

Straight Aways at high speed?

before adding the applied clamps, i found that the front end would wash out unexpectently and too often at that. even with riding/sitting further up onto the tank, and all the other changes mentioned earlier, it still would let go. at one point in time, i was going to sell it.

after installing the clamps, the bike handles so much better than with the stock clamps. flat turns, turns with berms, off camber ... :thumbsup::devil::smirk:

(high speed straights were never an issue w/ stock clamps)

Some good info in this thread! So at least I am not the only one that is seeking a better turning YZ450. Offset clamps sound like a good way to go. Some say they like the bike without... others that took the plunge are impressed with the difference :)

dont waste your money on clamps! If you want to improve on your riding and cornoring get the suspension redone and the forks revalved>>> just MO!

I have the RG3 22mm offset triple clamps on my 06 450 and love them. I slammed the forks rediculesly low, put rc high bars on and put Michelin M12 tires front and rear and set my race sag at 70. People think I am crazy with the race sag at 70 and forks slammed, but it works for me. O by the way im 6'9", so im sure my set up will help virtually no one as 6'9" and above racers are few and far between. But what the heck I like the RG3 clamps, but would never recommend spending 600 on them, only reason I bought them is because I got top bottom and stem for 285. Crazy waist of money at 600.