Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pjpoo

Getting the damned seat off

11 posts in this topic

I'm new to the XR650.

I can't figure out how to get the damned seat off for access to wiring/top of the air box. I spent 20 minutes trying. I pulled the front portion up and heard something pop. I don't know if it was a good pop or a bad pop, hahah.... :thumbsup:

What a wimp I must be! ARGH!

Anyway, pointers?

Any free manual online available for download?

EDIT: I found a XR650R manual. I see two bolts shown towards the rear. I found two bolts on my seat and removed them and the seat didn't seem to budge after that... :devil:

I'll try some more and then come back to check...

ok there's 2 bolts under the seat facing outwards take those out lift the back up then slide the front of the seat down and back and it should come right off

I'll see what's up. For some reason two bolts on the outside of the subframe were not immediately apparent...

Yeah, it was the two bolts on the under/inside of the subframe. For whatever reason the first time I undid those I didn't get the seat to budge...

I'm new to the XR650.

I can't figure out how to get the damned seat off for access to wiring/top of the air box. I spent 20 minutes trying.

Warning: Always wear a boot when kickstarting the BRP. That girl can slap you silly.

:thumbsup:

anyone ever see a conversion to some sort of quick release for those two bolts back there? I think it's a real PITA to get those out each time you need to get to the fuse or take the tank off for whatever.

anyone ever see a conversion to some sort of quick release for those two bolts back there? I think it's a real PITA to get those out each time you need to get to the fuse or take the tank off for whatever.

Try "quick-release SS anchor pins". McMaster-Carr carries them. Kind of pricey.

You can make the quick releases yourself with a couple of 6mm studs, a drill bit, a couple of washers, and spring clips.