xr 600 cuts out at high rpms

My 92 600 is stock with a filter and supertrap and 158 jet.It ran great with stock pipe now it cuts out high rpms.More disks i run the worse it cuts out.Im running no disks now and it does it at top of every gear.It runs great everywhere else.Thanks

My 92 600 is stock with a filter and supertrap and 158 jet.It ran great with stock pipe now it cuts out high rpms.More disks i run the worse it cuts out.Im running no disks now and it does it at top of every gear.It runs great everywhere else.Thanks

Put in a 162 main jet, that will get jetting in the ballpark.

It does sound like its running lean..Fatten up the jetting on that pig..

Also how is your valve lash....?

:thumbsup::devil:

I will do the jet.Valves are little loud

Welcome to TT! Your way lean, youll burn the top out of the piston if you keep it up. Depending on your elevation above sea level your jet could be as rich as a 165 at sea level with 8 disks or a 160 at 5000 ft. with 6 disks Adjust them valves too! Oh, while you have the carb out do daves mods, the little things make the world of difference.

Welcome to TT! Your way lean, youll burn the top out of the piston if you keep it up. Depending on your elevation above sea level your jet could be as rich as a 165 at sea level with 8 disks or a 160 at 5000 ft. with 6 disks Adjust them valves too! Oh, while you have the carb out do daves mods, the little things make the world of difference.

My Yamaha did the same for some reason & I did a ton of stuff. Long story short. Do a short run without the air filter & open exhaust. If it gets better, it is too rich, if runs worse too lean. Then put it all back together & see if it still breaks up, to confirm. Then make your changes . Mine was rich & so I dropped back to stock jet & worked great! Go figure? Also , is this a XR600R ? stock choke plate? Change now too solid billet before you regret it! Normally I'd say 1/2 choke it for test of richness, but if you have stock choke plate? could promote breakage.