best looking 426 anyone

She's in Tard trim but have black excels with fresh Starcross's mounted.

Love this bike.

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

TeamScream, don't take this the wrong way, I'm just trying to help. From an outside observer's view, I think the front guard would look better if you rounded the corners where you've chopped the front off. It kind of looks like a bad haircut at the moment and takes away from the look of the whole bike.

Ok so how is this for you?

Also take a look at the 2007 WR tail light set up I massaged in.

lt-front.jpg

lt-side-2.jpg

tail-2.jpg

tail-5.jpg

tail-3.jpg

Also take a look at the 2007 WR tail light set up I massaged

Winner! :thumbsup:

lt-front.jpg

lt-side-2.jpg

tail-2.jpg

tail-5.jpg

tail-3.jpg

oh man it looks even better! all it needs is a cooler headlight and it would be the sexiest thing ive ever seen

oh man it looks even better! all it needs is a cooler headlight and it would be the sexiest thing ive ever seen

Thanks,

I have not seen a better headlight I like, I am not a fan of the "bug eyes" look of the Acerbis set up, looks too "back to the future" for me, I actually like the WR headlight shape, I may try to get a 2007 WR headlight set up but not really sure.

Yep, that looks waaaaaaay better, including the rear, it used to look too high at the back! I didn't want to mention the rear before 'cause that would have required a fair bit of moola and work, but I really do hate the old style WR rear, I much prefer the '07 style, I can't believe they kept that look going for so long. Were you already planning on changing all that?

Just curious, how do you have the number plate under the rear guard without the tyre touching it, have you extended the subframe or something?

Yep, that looks waaaaaaay better, including the rear, it used to look too high at the back! I didn't want to mention the rear before 'cause that would have required a fair bit of moola and work, but I really do hate the old style WR rear, I much prefer the '07 style, I can't believe they kept that look going for so long. Were you already planning on changing all that?

Just curious, how do you have the number plate under the rear guard without the tyre touching it, have you extended the subframe or something?

No I have not extended the subframe, it is a 2005 subframe, and a 2005 YZ rear fender.

The license plate holder pivots and is just slightly forward of the centerline of the rear tire so IF it does make contact it will just rotate the license plate forward out of the way until the rear end rebounds.

Thanks for all the compliments gentlemen, I do really appreciate it. this has been a fun project for the last 6 years, it has gone through many face lifts and is still one of the funnest bikes I have ever ridden in my life.

Is that stock for the 07? I used the R1 tail with integrated turn signals. Got pulled over because the cop thought I didn't have a taillight, clear plastic blended in with the white fender. Pimp tard though man, love the wheels.

pipe.jpg

heres my new to me yz426.

yami2.jpg

yami1.jpg

yami3.jpg

bike084.jpg

bike083.jpg

fender is bent cause resting on a desk:(

what do ya think?:worthy:

Here is my 2001 YZ426F. I bought this last Friday for a great deal and it was in excellent condition. Starts 1-2 Kick everytime hot or cold. So far I have put on new graphics, front and rear fenders, 51t Rear sproket, new rear Dunlop tire, White Brothers Exhaust, new levers, ordered both Hot Cams to upgrade. This bike has real low hours on it.

yz426f3.jpg

YZ426F2.jpg

YZ426F1.jpg

great find :thumbsup:, look like under 10.

I just sold my '00 yesterday. It was a super clean bike as well. I got $1650 for it, plus $200 for the extra wheel/paddle setup I had.

Would you mind telling us what you gave for it?

FILE0007.jpg

Oh, and I bet your neighbors love that White Bros pipe! Mine was soooo loud even with a fresh repack.

yamaha.jpg

Just Getting ready to do New graphics, bought this bike seriously in a box, all in pieces.

001-4.jpg

My '01 426

Just another YZ pic thread.

Picture014.jpg

Wonder what teamscream painted his engine with? Looks sik!

IMG_3177.jpg