buzzgrizz

best looking 426 anyone

241 posts in this topic

i know this is the 426 thread but i had to post my '99 400. its not the cleanest, but its the first bike i actually bought with my own money. my dad has bought all of my bikes up till now.

100_6039.jpg

100_6043.jpg

100_5655.jpg

i know this is the 426 thread but i had to post my '99 400. its not the cleanest, but its the first bike i actually bought with my own money. my dad has bought all of my bikes up till now.

100_6039.jpg

100_6043.jpg

100_5655.jpg

Whats with the old tank graphics and new shroud graphics? :bonk:

Whats with the old tank graphics and new shroud graphics? :bonk:

thats how i bought it. i'm in the process of paying off the bike. then i will get new tank graphics.

100_6039.jpg

100_6043.jpg

100_5655.jpg

Looks good and congrats. Looks like you do some trail riding. I noticed your crankcase hose is just flapping around out there. I re-routed mine to the air box to prevent water from being sucked into the engine.

Looks good and congrats. Looks like you do some trail riding. I noticed your crankcase hose is just flapping around out there. I re-routed mine to the air box to prevent water from being sucked into the engine.

Thanks. yeah i do quite a bit of trail riding. last time i went i smashed into a tree and bent the holder to the crankcase hose and stabbed my radiator. thats why my hose is just flapping around. thanks for the idea of rerouting it.

I think this is the best looking 426 on TT.

I am a bit biased tho.

0631-2.jpg

Especially when I get done putting this engine in it.

NewEng-2.jpg

NewEng-1.jpg

Sick bike bro :bonk:

Thanks. yeah i do quite a bit of trail riding. last time i went i smashed into a tree and bent the holder to the crankcase hose and stabbed my radiator. thats why my hose is just flapping around. thanks for the idea of rerouting it.

Not my idea, I found it somewhere in the TT forum last summer and it was a cinch using the existing hose

100_6039.jpg

100_6043.jpg

100_5655.jpg

Nice work on buying your own bike :bonk:

Take a heat gun or a torch to that front fender and those white stress marks will disappear.

Here's mine...

It's not too far from the way it left the factory.

I'm not particularly keen of the extra weight (especially up high) that the Clarke tank adds, but it is nice to have all the extra fuel for poking around here in the desert.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Woody Oakson
      I have a 1995 yz125 2t and the thing runs pretty good, well at least it seems to have no issues but it does not need the choke to start the bike. I changed the main, idle, and needle jets all to factory specs for my temperature and altitude. The bike will start first kick when 100% cold and will start first kick when warm but it just does not need the choke. So I'm wondering if I'm hindering my bikes performance in a way because it does not need the choke. Suggestions? 
    • By Growthandknowledge
      Hey guys,
      So I recently just went through the bike and replaced the exhaust cam on my 2002 yz250f with an autodecompression cam out of a 2004 model.  I then shimmed the valves, cleaned the carb, and replaced the spark plug.  Now it won't start regardless of whether or not I try to kick it or bump it.  It seems like as I keep kicking it it goes through periods of extremely high compression where it is very hard to kick and then periods of low compression where it is a little easier to kick.  Either way I can't get the bike to start.  Any ideas?
    • By johnk408
      Used PRO TAPER platform 2.3 pegs with standard height inserts. These are removed from a 2011 YZ 125 but should fit all current era YZ and YZF's. Double check before purchasing. I just sharpened the teeth up a bit with a file. These retail for $190 and most online retailers have for $170. You can buy replacement inserts that are higher or lower if desired. 
      Taken from Pro Taper's site:
      The 2.3 Platform Pegs feature a unique replaceable cleat design for unrivaled customizability. All necessary mounting hardware is included, as well as the standard magnesium-colored cleats. Replacement cleats incorporate ProTaper’s exclusive Traction Arc Design and are available in various heights, colors, and materials to directly suit each rider’s needs.
    • By hm15
      Hello everyone, been looking around on here for a couple weeks and figured I'd finally drop my question for some feedback. Looking for a bike, obviously or I'd be on a different forum, somewhere in the 250/300 range. Heres some info about me and the typical riding I'll be doing..
      My specs: Male, 190 lbs, 5'10, 28 years old. 
      Riding Experience: Two wheel mostly street, R6, R1, Harley etc. I've ridden most of em. Off road has been mostly quad, except one trip down the trails on a Yamaha 450 2t (holy moses that was quick). Ridden quads for a few years, Polaris 850, Yamaha/Honda 250's (banshee style) at Silver Lake and on trails. Trails we ride are in Grayling which are a mix of hard pack and loose sand (tank trails). 
      Planned Riding: the above mentioned sand dunes and trails. Doubt I'll ever touch an actual Mx track. Will use a paddle tire when in the dunes. In my mind I've narrowed it down to the KTM 250/300 XCW or Yamaha YZ250X. Not really a Honda fan. 
      Not trying to open another KTM vs Yamaha thread, Ive read plenty of those. Just looking for some feedback and ensure these are the bikes I should be interested in and if 2 stroke should be my route? I like the easy maintenance but also like the idea of fuel injected 4t. I don't want to be beating the heck out of a 4t in the dunes and turn it into a bigger $ pit than these toys are already. I would prefer having a headlight, 250X does not come with one while both KTM's do (unless I go Yamaha 4t with the WR250f). Thanks for your feedback..
    • By AMM888
      I am looking for a YZ125 and have found a 99 for 1300 and an 03 for 1600 both in pretty nice condition. Obviously going to negotiate the prices down however I was wondering which one you guys would suggest. Ive been doing research and know that the 03 is lighter with a modified frame though it has a 5 speed. The 99 motor is well liked for the power and reliability.
      I will be doing strictly trail riding so whats the better option here?